[OT] Any other bowlers on here?

TommyC

Congrats on that!

I was happy to finally roll my first 200 (scratch) in league play when I was in a trio's league last fall/winter.

My team (which consisted of all left-handers - yes, I bowl left-handed)

came in fourth place out of 16, which is respectible. I even

managed to get bowler of the week badge (and three free games).

Should've been third, since one of the teams dropped out, but they

re-instated them (gotta love league politics[:P])

One of the guys at work is interested in getting in a league.

I'll have to go see what leagues are available as I'd like to do it

again.

But still - 300 is friggan awesome! Now, if you can do it again, it would be even more awesome! [H]

My last game was a 212.[:D] And I do mean last. It was back in 1985 a month or so after I wrecked my motorcycle. I had chipped the bone at the base of my thumb and it was still sore. I hadn't bowled more than a dozen times or so in my life; my girlfriend wanted to go so I took her. It hurt everytime I rolled so I guess I must have been doing something different because I couldn't do much of anything wrong, the pins just kept flying. I don't believe I had ever gone over 110 or so before. I haven't been since so when someone asks what my last game was I can say 212.[:)]

Used to a lot. Grew up around bowling allys. Pop owned one for a while. I suppose i got good by default. I never got a 300 though. High game was 279 back when I was in high school. I worked in bowling ally's from 8th grade through high school. Needless to say after high school I had my fill and never bowl much now. The owner of the bowling ally I worked at when I was in high school always challenged me to go pro. he said I had the tallent. Just never interested me.

Ha.. i still have my columbia 300 yellow dot from back in 1983 time frame.

Used to a lot. Grew up around bowling allys. Pop owned one for a while. I suppose i got good by default. I never got a 300 though. High game was 279 back when I was in high school. I worked in bowling ally's from 8th grade through high school. Needless to say after high school I had my fill and never bowl much now. The owner of the bowling ally I worked at when I was in high school always challenged me to go pro. he said I had the tallent. Just never interested me.

Ha.. i still have my columbia 300 yellow dot from back in 1983 time frame.

Wanker!

Excellent dude! I can't say I have ever bowled a 300, I have come close a few times -287 or something like that but that's it. Thats awesome! What kind of ball do you use? I have been wanting to get back on a league, but need to get a new ball. I still am/was using my violet Quantum. Its been a great ball... but it's outdated, I need to get something new.

Excellent dude! I can't say I have ever bowled a 300, I have come close a few times -287 or something like that but that's it. Thats awesome! What kind of ball do you use? I have been wanting to get back on a league, but need to get a new ball. I still am/was using my violet Quantum. Its been a great ball... but it's outdated, I need to get something new.

I had rolled 4 300's before this, but all in practice or just fun bowling. My previous high in league play was the dreaded 299!

The strange thing about the ball is that it was with an older ball that I hadn't used in a while. I have been struggling with the two I normally use ( a Hammer Big Diesel or Hammer Hawg depending on lane conditions) so I pulled out a ball from early last year (Storm Recharge) and everything just clicked!

Oh and m00n - I still have a couple of Yellow Dots, too. The best ball in the world when it came out!