Beyma CP-25 vs. J.B.L. 2404

Born2RockU

I found me two JBL 2404's for $275.

If I get these, I feel that all I would need to do is put a L-Pad on my tweeter end of the AK-3 crossover.

Is there anything else that I should to the AK-3 ?

***I appreciate everyones help.***

Craig,

Try 'em, you'll like em!

Look into Al K's tweeter autoformer The "ALtenuator".(my name for it) That's what I have been running with JBLs. Cute little (4x4') bugger too, I find -3db just about right in my system. Yours may vary depending on room accustics.

Rick

Craig,

Try 'em, you'll like em!

Look into Al K's tweeter autoformer The "ALtenuator".(my name for it) That's what I have been running with JBLs. Cute little (4x4') bugger too, I find -3db just about right in my system. Yours may vary depending on room accustics.

Rick

Rick,

I was going to see if Erik could do his magic and place an L-Pad to the tweeter area of my AK-3's. I already have the L-Pad mod on my Horns.

**How long have you had your JBL 2404's?

**What did you notice the most w/ these JBL's vs the K-77 stock tweeter?

** Was there any thing else you had to do to your crossoverto add these JBL's?

(...on John Warren's site he states attatching the JBL's to a 6kHz, 3rd order Butterworth filter)

Rick,

I was going to see if Erik could do his magic and place an L-Pad to the tweeter area of my AK-3's. I already have the L-Pad mod on my Horns.

**How long have you had your JBL 2404's?

**What did you notice the most w/ these JBL's vs the K-77 stock tweeter?

** Was there any thing else you had to do to your crossoverto add these JBL's?

(...on John Warren's site he states attatching the JBL's to a 6kHz, 3rd order Butterworth filter)

No problem. I am using my L-pads in my Belles myself right now until I can afford some more ALK kits. I even installed them in the Heresys and KG-4.5s I have.

I've had the 2404s for a little more than a year now. The difference? Cleaner, more realistic, smoother and extended highs. Other than that........

I am using ALK networks with a 6K xover and I can't use Mrs Butterworth syrup anymore on my diet. Seriously, You'd have to ask Al what type filter he designed. From what I have read, the AK3 has higher order filters than the older As or AAs.

Rick

Who -- you were commenting on 100x100 compared to 100x60 -- then ended with a comment about 45x90 -- just curious how that one got into the picture.

I was referencing the dispersion of the squaker...which is what the tweeter has to integrate well with.