Star Wars III will be out soon

MrMcGoo

Sounded killer! With my DeanG hotrodded DHA2Xover network in my center La Scala dialogue was not an issue, but as others I had to bring it up to about -30 on the volume. I also run the center at +2 and the Mains at +1. The Belle Klipsch side surround/rear effects speakers played a definite role in this movie! I wish it had a DTS-ES soundtrack though.

Bass was incredible, it made things rattle and move that have not before. So much going on that I need to watch it again to capture it all.

I would like to watch it with the volume up to like -10 or 0 to see what the system is really capable of but it might cause the place to fall apart from the SPL's.

Overall, very enjoyable!

People have made the same comments about the other Star Wars DVDs, too (low dialog level). It was explained that it was actually because there is such a wide Dynamic Range, or something. Anyway it made sense when someone that knew what they were talking about explained it.

Are the deleted scenes and such any good? I heard there was one with yoda landing on dagobah?

There is one cool extra, go to title 3, and get treated to Yoda doing a little Rapping! Apparently you can get to it by hitting 1138 on the special features screen?? but it doesn't work on my player.

Actually, go to the Options menu. Then on that screen hit '11' and then enter, '3' and then enter, '8' and then enter. If your DVD player remote has a +10 button to be able to enter a two digit chapter number, hit that button, then hit '11' and enter, '3' and enter, '8' and enter.

Enjoy! BTW, Episodes I and II have a bloopers reel if you enter the same code on their Options menus.

I'll chime in here by saying that even though the wife & I watched SWIII on our den system (Samsung DLP RP, Denon 3300, Cornwalls, KSW-15), we both felt the audio portion of the movie was waaaaaay better than what we heard at the theater. We also felt that we "saw" more than when we first saw it in the theater. As for dialog, we didn't have any issue with it until the very end when Padme was giving birth. IOHO, she mumbled. The dialog was easily heard - we just didn't understand what she said. I told the wife that she probably said what most women say to their husbands while going through the pain of delivery, "You sonafab*tch. You did this to me!" LOL......[:D]

After the movie I asked the wife if she thought we'd do the marathon thing and watch the entire series one-after-the other once our HT is done and she said, "You bet!". The only problem I see with that is dealing with the large swings in special effects technology from the first release until the last. And the fact that those special effects increases will happen "in the middle" of a series viewing, might make things interesting.

Tom

I am not so sure..if I would start with IV and go straight through..back to III. For exactly the same reasons you have pointed out.. (picture effects and story better...) it is a toughy... IMO

You experineced it that way growing up... might make more sense somewhere in the back of your head..