Star Wars III will be out soon

MrMcGoo

Purchased my copy today and just finished watching it. Pretty good qaulity I thought, however, the dialog was a bit weak (low) at certain points of the movie, and I was playing the remote game. There were a couple of times that I had to crank up the volume about 20 units on my Denon volume knob just to hear the dialog. I think everybody in the store had purchased it as well, at least everybody in front of me had a copy.

I too watched it tonight... OMG if you do not have Dolby Digital EX your really missing out here... I was just in awe.. The THX new trailer is cool... very effective.. I agree those that have good theaters... I was just blown away, far better at home, than at my theater too.

I agree in a few places the dialog seemed more quiet than I would of liked...but the bottom end.. I have no butt shakers but the Klipsch KA 1000 amp and the KW 120 (2) subs SHOOK my HT seats and body in the room. From the opening fight scenes to incredible explosions... My heart was pounding too along with the action.

Coolest thing is... My wifes office is above the HT. She was working and said I could barely hear it, minus a few rumbles.. but hardly noticeable really... HOME RUN !!! My soundproofing was a success. I had it pretty cranked too!

Personally, I liked seeing it a second time with some time in between. I spent so much time during the theater release trying to enjoy the story of how all this fits together in some spots. I just missed out on enjoying the movie for what it was..and is.. ( a great story good vs evil with wonderful music and effects too!)

BTW, get it at WAL Mart... They have an exclusive extra disc that goes along with it the making of star wars only at Wal Mart and I paid only 14.99 too. I think the sale is from now till Nov 5th.

I am not a star wars fanatic..but I really liked this movie a lot..

The thing I really like like about the Star Wars DVD's is that they do not include constant rumble from the sub, but when they do hit they hit hard.

I am sure Best Buy had quite a day. Star Wars Battlefront 2 also came out today. A great game. Normal first person shooter, but you also can be a Jedi or a Sith. There is nothing like being Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Yoda, and Darth Sidious.

I just got done watching it on my setup.

It was friggan awesome, and by far, much, much better than it was at

the local movie theater! I don't know what people are talking

about in the dialog, but I had no problem understanding

everything.

And I do agree with the subs. No constant rumbling, but when it

hits, it hits hard. Especially that big explosion near the

beginning of the movie! Damn near jumped out of my chair!

And when the ship Obi-Wan and Anakin where aboard crash landed - holy

crap!

I've not had a chance to watch any of the deleted scenes yet, though. I'll have to go check them out later.

Overall, I was impressed. Say what you will about the movie

itself (and granted, I'll give that some of the dialog did get a bit on

the cheesy side), but it was one hell of a ride on my setup! This

will be a good reference disk, especially that opening battle scene and

crash landing part!

Are the deleted scenes and such any good? I heard there was one with yoda landing on dagobah?

There is one cool extra, go to title 3, and get treated to Yoda doing a little Rapping! Apparently you can get to it by hitting 1138 on the special features screen?? but it doesn't work on my player.

I will defnitly pick this title up very soon, too bad my system is such

an entry level one... ahh well at least it's klipsch (horn loaded of

course)... The RB-25's are impressive alone, but they lack the ability

to play the 120 hz channel or something around there. Also they lack

the bass response of the tower speakers.

Not too mention I don't have a sub yet eithre....

My next upgrade for my system will be an HDMI equipped TV for the Xbox360 that I will be getting.