jt1stcav/Jim is a great guy!

NOSValves

No, no...NO! I am NOT a nice guy, nor do I wanna be a nice guy! I am NOT going to fall into one of these ego-inflating threads (thanks alot, James) that makes me look like Mother Teresa. Bah-Humbug! Shame on you for enlisting me as a nice guy. I own a Chinese amp and not VRDs from Craig; my preamp is Chinese too, and not a Merlin or Peach from Mark. Doesn't that go against being a nice guy? I'm a traitor as well...as my Cornwalls sit safely in a closet, I've enjoyed using my Triangle Zephyrs and my Loth-X Amaze loudspeakers in the Cornwall's place...that really has to amount to something, doesn't it?[8o|]

I don't wanna be a nice guy, and you can't make me!

post-11084-13819274150104_thumb.jpg

Oh wait a minute...Craig wrote, "Jim is a great guy!", not a nice guy.

Well, yes, I know that already...I am a GREAT guy (duhhh, everyone knows that, sheesh).

In that case, retract everything I said previously...and do carry on with the high praise![6][<:o)][Y]

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. You are very talanted and can do wonders with a digital camera. Unfortuneatly, self-potraiture is not among your gifts.

Sorry, I had to put the warning above.

That warning is not necessary for me, I have a buzz box and am protected by my tin hat.

Rick

Those "little speakers", Gary, are roughly the same size as the RB-75s (that image above does the Loth-X Amaze monitors little justice since the pic was taken with a Nikon fish-eye 10mm wideangle lense)...see my system profile for better detailed photos.

At 96dB @ 1W/1M with a frequency response of 55Hz - 20kHz ±3dB, and made of solid cherry (not MDF or plywood), aside from lacking low bass (a sub is planned very soon) these loudspeakers can easily handle 100dB with my 300B SET amp! They aren't slouches, that's for sure, and they work out perfectly in my tiny room, whereas the Cornwalls were just too harsh and too damn big for a 12' x 13.5' room.

post-11084-13819274160074_thumb.jpg

Just playin with ya Jim. I'm sure they sound great. I just got used to seeing your corns there. Are they really in the closet?

Your room looks really nice. Do those stands come with the Loth-X's or did you add them later? The size really is deceiving in those pics.

BTW - You are a great guy.[A][;)]

Thanks for the compliment, Gary, but I'm only a so-so guy, and nowhere near great![:$]

Aesthetically, my li'l music room would look a whole lot nicer if it had some sort of flooring over that concrete slab...thanks to Hurricane Jeanne last year for flooding my room, and for my homeowner's insurance for NOT covering the damage (long story not worth repeating again)!

The stands are Canadian-made Atlantis Pro28 three-tier stands and were purchased seperately. The Loth-X Amaze single-driver bookshelf monitors really do sound very good; they have a horn-like presence about them sonically that I like alot, they're fast, dynamic, with spot-on imaging, and very detailed (for a single, crossoverless, cone...in my profile page, click on my "incarnation" link on top, and select the second to last page to read more about them). It's a shame Loth-X Audio is out of business...not only did they build other fine horn-loaded, Lowther-like loudspeakers, but also designed and built tube amps and very fine acrylic-plinth turntables as well!

And yes, my beloved Cornwalls are really tucked safely away (each covered completely in quilted moving blankets) in the large double-door hallway closet next to the foyer. Someday when I can relocate my entire system back to the huge formal living room where my dad originally had them many years ago, then the Cornwalls will come back out of mothballs where they can breath and sing properly once again! They just never sounded nearly as good as they could in this present small room, where they sounded honky or shrill at times, no matter what amplification I used. I do miss them, though...

post-11084-13819274164654_thumb.jpg

Nice door-corn, Jim! And thanks for at least keeping your pants on in all pictures (that we can see, anyway). Speaking of pictures, Jim has saved some of the best forum pictures (witness this thread!), and pops them back in at the most apprpriate times. The picture of the "Threee Tidwell Bros" is still one of my favorites, and is burned into my retina...Right there beside the best picture ever taken of a Klipschorn. ;^)

Yeah, I'd call him a great guy!

Ahh, Gregg...you're much too kind.[:$]

It's retina-burnin' time on the ol' Klipsch Forum again...it's them ol' Klipsch-ownin' Tidwell boys y'all from Polk County. Ya can always tell a Tidwell from his picher-perfect grin, an' we ain't believin' in no tee-shirts in these parts, no-siree-bob! Shoot, y'all is lucky we-uns got on some britches, I reckon![:S]

post-11084-13819274179054_thumb.jpg