hurry hurry, corns FS BIN 375.00 item 5824859688

tuned4life

s.gif

This is the item number for the $375 ones in Kansas. Drivers look okay, seller mentions 'excellent condition' but then talks about all the scrapes and scratches. These look like they were dragged through parking lot, but if they work, they're a deal. Veneer isn't that expensive!

Would be a great apartment speaker from some young klipschophile. Lets hope some idiot doesn't start bidding on them and they go to $550.

Please, someone out west, bid on these and hold them for a forum member, I would if they were any where near here you know I would, I'm that crazy.

Michael

the first number i typed in are the ones from norwood n.y which are now in my living room. i left at 3 am in the morning, to pick them up, visited my mother for a few hours and then drove 285 miles home. took my newly aquired 1996 4WD chevy 1/2 ton truck on its maiden voyage. it got 13 miles to the gallon. my wife went into orbit when i brought the corns in. reentry usually takes her about a week. if noone on the forum buys them in the next week she will let me find a spot for them.

Good Job! I understand we have a Cornwall in common, Remember the CW parts you purchased from Rick Thumplestiltskin for your center channel CW? I picked up the box from that one and will be using it for my CW center channel. I bought parts from a guy in CA a few months back and split them with DamonPayne. Someone else on the FOrum (can you believe this) later bought the cabinets from those.

No Cornwall parts found their way to a dumpster in any of the above transactions.

So what are you using for mains and rears currently? Sounds like myself, you and Rick are all on the way to 5 channel Cornwall Nirvana!

Glad you got these.

Michael

Yes, Michael, you and I do share a Cornwall in common, or at least parts of one. To answer your question about mains and rears, it depends on which room. One room is all-Heresy 5.1. One room is K-Horns and Corns. Another room is Chorus II, Forte II and KLF C-7.

In the last week I've purchased a pair of abused LaScala's for $225 (blown tweeters), a pair of CBR's for $325 (missing one crossover, all drivers work), Cornwall components from Rick, a mint pair of 1990 walnut Chorus II's, and tonight, the '83 CWL's. I guess I'll have to add to my list.

I'm going to start building a CornScala/HereScala 5.1 setup for a church camp. I'm going to build the speakers into the room so they don't grow feet and run away in the night. I'm going to have some of the high school kids participate in the building and wiring of the crossovers. This should be a good teaching opportunity as well as a chance to expose them to Klipsch! Bob Crites is going to help with crossover parts and design. I'm still trying to figure out how to pad down the top end to match the lower efficiency of the woofer cabinets.

Michael, you better go find some more speakers. I'm going to catch up with you . . .