Yippee! EBAY Scammer gets four years!!!

Daddy Dee

You might have gotten e-mail from this scofflaw. Now he's doing time with his six bandit friends.

Too bad it's not more time. But it as least good to see scammers get nailed.

Nov 1, 12:33 PM EST

Man Is Sentenced in Phishing Fraud

PRESTON, England (AP) -- A British man was sentenced to four years in jail Tuesday for masterminding a "phishing" fraud that stole identities and bank details from users of the eBay auction site.

Prosecutors said David Levi, 29, of Lytham, England, led a six-man gang that stole nearly 200,000 pounds ($360,000) from more than 160 people. They sent e-mails to eBay customers, pretending to be from eBay, asking for bank details.

Other gang members were sentenced to jail terms ranging from six months to two years.

"This was a coordinated and sophisticated fraud which took place over a 12-month period which required a determined and calculated approach," said Judge Phillip Sycamore, presiding in Preston Crown Court.

"A large number of people lost a significant amount of money, and it is quite apparent that the use of a fraudulent eBay site was quite sophisticated," Sycamore said.

In phishing schemes, fraudsters typically bait victims with e-mails purportedly from legitimate online businesses. The e-mails direct recipients to bogus Web sites, where they are asked to re-input information such as credit card numbers and passwords.

Levi, who was already serving a sentence for drug offenses, was sentenced to three years for fraud and one year for perverting the course of justice, to be served consecutively. His brother Guy Levi, 22, was jailed for 21 months after pleading guilty to conspiracy to defraud.

Daniel Lett, 22, was sentenced to two years for conspiracy to defraud.

Cool going to drop this in some ebay auctions"email me at

xxxxxx@xxx.xxx" on Klispch stuff ,an then look at the hijacked, ebay

usernames other items for sell, an theres a warehouse of electronic

goods for sell all non existent, there is some hardcore scammers

in last couple weeks . Then there's the ~legit~ fraudsters ,ones that

ship, an if it gets

pulled for damage, an shipped back , to the shipper\seller, they

put

in a claim, string the buyer along,with "oh it's lost i have another

,of the same item" an then ship it back out to the buyer, with a

replaced woofer lets say,then the seller gets the auction price ,an

insurance moneys,frauds against the insurance, but the pisser is the

wasted time listening to the equivocation's of the seller\shipper\

fraudsters,Johny'Holiday is[<:o)],Klipsch has their own online ebay

store now[<:o)]

Recently there's been eBay scammers selling RF-7s and an RSW-15 together for a supposed buy-it-now of $800 but they actually start the auctions at $1.00 no reserve. If you look at their other items for sale, it's always the same. LCD monitors, mountain bikes. Always exactly the same items, description and pictures.

Every time I see them do it I email the seller and let them know their eBay account has been hijacked and then I notify eBay of the fradulent listings.