E88CC / 6922 Amperex Pinched Waist tubes w/gold pins

Piranha

I have heard that these are one of the best in their class? I would appreciate any comments from those of you that may have experienced these tubes. Thanks!

I don't know for fact, because I've never used them. But I have read that they are quite good. I opted for the CCa variety, but have read good stuff about the pinch waist. If anyone is interested in NOS pinch waist, I have a good German Tube connection....

http://www.audiotubes.de/

Talk to Heinz. Very good and honest gentleman. I have purchased quite alott of mint sealed telefunken, seimens and a few mullards from him. Excellent stuff, all vintage NOS. Tell him Gilbert sent you.

I thought Kevin Deal gave you the low down?

Here's his reply to my email. Remember this comes from a guy who promotes Manley, Prima Luna and Cary products. You be the judge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Deal <kevin@upscaleaudio.com> wrote:

THAT IS THE WORST 6922 EVER MADE...SO IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? THE WORST?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:55 AM

To: Kevin Deal

Subject: RE: 6DJ8/6922

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have anything comparable, even if I have to buy a pair? Thanks again for your time.

Kevin Deal <kevin@upscaleaudio.com> wrote:

No I don't, sorry.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:50 AM

To: kevin@upscaleaudio.com

Subject:

first_name:

Tom

last_name:

B.

email:

kevin@upscaleaudio.com

address:

Wave St

city_state:

Laguna Beach, CA

zip:

comment:

Looking for a NOS Amperex 6DJ8/6922 Pinch Waist. Do u have one available to sell? Thanks!

Submit:

Send

Is Kevin Deal not entitled to his opinions? I have always found Kevin to be a very honest and straightforward person. That he hates this particular 6922 should be of no concern to those who obviously love it.

Trust your ears.

Heck yes he has a right to his opinion. It should be a good one look at what he amassed in personally assets with it! I personally have no opinion about the pinch waist tubes I've never heard one.

Craig

Heck yes he has a right to his opinion. It should be a good one look at what he amassed in personally assets with it! I personally have no opinion about the pinch waist tubes I've never heard one.

Craig

Yes, I'm sure since he's amassed a fortune with tubes, that he's just as savy as the honest folks at what use to be Enron.[:D]

Honestly, I've talked to several tube sellers, and all these guys have different opinions, (uuh? Just like us). In the end, just trust your ears, and they'll tell ya what's best for your set up and for you.

I have TT Kevin deal a couple times, each time I requested tubes, he told me they are rare, and he would only sell me the tubes if I bought my amp from him. He is IMHO a A$$hole of the highest order. JMO, he bad mouths what he cannot make $$$ on. I have TT some friends, who have dealt with Kevin, and bought equipment from him. They told me he changed a couple years back, now they would never deal with him again. I have only been OBSESSED in this hobby for a couple short years.

I will tell you this though. He is FOS on the Pinch waist, I have rolled more than 30 different varietys, of 6922's, 6DJ8's, 7308's, and have NEVER found a better sounding 6922 than the PW 1950's d getter USA for pre-amps, or CD player's. I was OBSESSED with buying these tubes last year, and in fact purchased over 25 pairs. I will say, 50% plus were microphonic, and the rest are unfrigginbelievable.[:P][:D]as we all know, opinions are like A$$holes, everybody got 1, and most often they STINK[*]

he doesn't have any for sale, so it is the worst tube.

i have been running telefunkens in my cdp (heart) for 3 years no. it's time to replace.

i was going to go with siemens, but i think i will watch this thread for awhile to see what to go with.

danny

I gots a lot of Fabulous ones, IMHO the seimans CCa is an extended frequency without the midrange magic, of many many others. For CD player, IMHO, using eastern electric minimax, there are lots better, for much less $$$.[H]

about Kevin

I had just the opposite experience than most here (except Allan)

When i purchased my AH! CD player from him, I had a 30 day trial period..and in that 30 days, i wasn't sure I really liked it..and called him, and told him I was probably going to return it. He said it took a long time to burn in (I know, mirrors, fairy dust, magic, whatever) but anyway he told me to keep it an extra month, and if i still wasn't sure, to return it for a full refund. Well, after about 2 more weeks, I really liked it (of course now, I think it's by far the best player I've ever owned) Point is, he really helped me out, and was very courteous and polite. I also can't find fault with him selling tubes to his customers only, if that's his policy up front, as i'm sure his customers come first.

All customers perceive sellers differently, but he was very square with me.

Steve