Best match for LaScala's

mowntnbkr

Besides another pair of LaScala's, what is a good match to go with them. I am looking at some Cornwall and also Fortes and Chorus. Am I looking in the right direction with these? Also an update. I have listened for a few days with my new Bob Crite xovers. I put one xover in and left an old AL in there and listened for a while. It became readily apparent that the tweeter has a harshness to it with the old AL's, but with the AA in there it seems to take the edge off of it. ALso all around they have a warmer/richer sound to them. I am going to hang on to the type AL's just so I can say they are original, but the AA's give a more pleasurable sound. And oh yeah, my model 14 crossovers are on their way home to me tomorrow.

Any Heritage, the older the better, the bigger the horn the better.

So CW, or Heresy would be natural choices, buy based on bass needed and floor space. Lots of guys here use Heresy successfully with LS, CW, or KH mains.

A newer Heritage type such as Forte or Chorus wouldn't be as close of match up due to the type of horn employed and the passive radiator system, but they'd be better than Epic or Reference by far.

Michael

That should be excellent. Just keep posting your WTB here and we'll find ya something....

There's a thread on using Heresy as center. I think the best advice is use both woofers and disconnect one set of mid/tweets. That way you balance the low end and get better imaging from a single point source of highs. Place them side by side on floor right by back wall for most bass.

Michael

Mr. Brennan hates LaScalas with a passion. He likes to jab at them any chance he can get. I got to know him rather well over this debate in the now infamous (and deceased) Ratings Thread. I've been dismissed.... putz that I am! [;)]

Maybe he's never heard them with AL-3's. I love mine.

Personally, I like the combination of La Scalas and Cornwalls.

The Cornwalls make up for any perceived lack of bass in the La Scalas

and the La Scalas make up for any mid range deficiency from the

Cornwalls. Everybody is happy.

Add in a pair of Heresys for surround and all is good.

James

Personally, I like the combination of La Scalas and Cornwalls.

The Cornwalls make up for any perceived lack of bass in the La Scalas

and the La Scalas make up for any mid range deficiency from the

Cornwalls. Everybody is happy.

Add in a pair of Heresys for surround and all is good.

James

Thus ... the ....CornScala ...was born ...[;)]