So what's a fair price for buying it off my uncle

33klfan

Here's a few pics. All the lights work, and it works perfect. Everything works. Cleaned a little bit under the hood to, like blew dust out and cleaned tops of power supply and heat sync and two big capacitors. Like what would this sell for. I saw ones in near mint condition like $300, so i am saying $150 or so for him. Does that sound fair or should it be less. Let me know. Thanks.

post-18017-13819276085726_thumb.jpg

Please!! This is a family forum (although my family couldn't give a flyin' *** about it...).

Sorry, but i hate when people assume. U guys should know by now that i wouldn't put a drink near my electronics or speakers. Come on.

I dunno, but that globe looking thing must block a lot of heat sinks and the lava lamp has liquid in it if memory serves. Everything has to go, just GET IT OFFA THERE! geesh. kids....

I dunno, but that globe looking thing must block a lot of heat sinks and the lava lamp has liquid in it if memory serves. Everything has to go, just GET IT OFFA THERE! geesh. kids....

Do i have to explain everything? HAHA. I knew people would comment about the stuff on top. That globe like thing is on the wood part, not blocking any heat vents. The heat sync is the back half where the holes are. Again i know enough not to do that. I know about the lava lamp, but there are no kids around to knock it off. I am careful. It's fine. If i find room for it i can move it but until then, sorry for the incovenience.

I would ask what he wants for it first, you might get lucky and he says 50 bucks. Heck he's your uncle Id say no more than $150 even thow its probably worth 250. Good luck its a peach and I am sure you will end up with it.

Yeah, i asked him but he said i knew what it's worth so he asked me to make him an offer, and i started at $100 and it sounded to low i guess. We'll have to see. I already put $50 into cable and connectors for the speaker end.

Well if he didn't offer to give it to you just to see the look of joy

on your face, then you are in for "ONE OF LIFE'S LESSONS" ! This is

lesson number four in the adult lexicon: Nothing in Life is Free.

(it's also number 1, 2 and 3 but whose counting). I would counter with

one of two variations on the same theme. First up, Lesson in Life

Number 7, "Everybody's Got Something On Somebody". Casually

mention how you saw him flirting with the waitress at the local waffle

house and watch him come around. Or try Lesson number 7, subset

C: Guilt Works.

Try this: "Aw Unk, I know how much you value this equipment and how

much pleasure it gave you back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, don't

worry whatever you say is reasonable, then I'll come up with it.

I really don't need to buy that astrophysics textbook for Winter

Semester and I hear there are some good factory jobs opening nearby

real soon. I'm thinking I'll take a break from my studies next year so

I can afford the things I want and making widgets all day is probably

much more exciting than putting a man on Mars. Then finish him

off with:

Oh yeah, did you know I've been dating that waitress and she says Hi.

just my .02 I'd go for the honest approach. Show him any ebay sales for similar unit in similar condition. Ask him what he'll take for it. More than likely, if he's cool and likes ya, he'll give it to you for nothing or a very good deal just to see your face light up.

Accept it as a gift if offered or pay fair price for it. Nothing like some bad blood in family over a couple hundred bucks. Don't hustle family.

Michael