Calling Klipsch personel,my dealer cannot get the THX series!

TheEAR

Right now assault charges will be used against me!

Stop the soap opera people.You want to be less diplomatic,bring it,I want to read what you come up with for personal amusment.

The thing about the THX only dealers is comedy,any good Klipsch dealer who sells and supports Klipsch(non mass market outlet)should be capable of ordering Klipsch,from Synergy passing by Reference,THX to Heritage.

Limiting the dealers is limiting YOUR sales.I am not trying to bring Klipsch down.

All I'm saying is that "blasting back" because a customer was upset (rightly or wrongly) is not the best way to handle ANY situation from the retail point of view. That's the reason that advertising sells the first product and customer service sells the next. It could be anything from audio to automobiles. Retailers that don't realize this are going by way of the dinosaurs. If it were one forum member to another it would be a different story.

All I'm saying is that "blasting back" because a customer was upset (rightly or wrongly) is not the best way to handle ANY situation from the retail point of view. That's the reason that advertising sells the first product and customer service sells the next. It could be anything from audio to automobiles. Retailers that don't realize this are going by way of the dinosaurs. If it were one forum member to another it would be a different story.

I would agree with your statements...to a point. However, the Klipsch forum is not an appropriate venue for customer service. From time to time customer service issues have been brought to the forum and each, in my opinion, has been handled professionally and expediently by Klipsch. That being said, starting a thread after business hours (rather than a PM or e-mail), expecting it to be read and addressed within one day and then getting petulant when your thread is not responded to is a tad over the top.

• Moderators

We love our customers!! Even theEAR [;)]

But dkp is right...the forum has never been intended as a customer service contact...it's very much a peer to peer support network. We jump in when we can to help someone, but it's always best to call or email us directly. And that way you know when we're open!

I think our customer service is great. The people really work here (right down the hall from me), and they are genuine Klipsch fans, to boot. They actually answer the phone, and it's not farmed out to a random call center. That's important to us!

We love our customers!! Even theEAR [;)]

But dkp is right...the forum has never been intended as a customer service contact...it's very much a peer to peer support network. We jump in when we can to help someone, but it's always best to call or email us directly. And that way you know when we're open!

I think our customer service is great. The people really work here (right down the hall from me), and they are genuine Klipsch fans, to boot. They actually answer the phone, and it's not farmed out to a random call center. That's important to us!

I never stated the forum WAS the proper place for a customer service contact. I agree on this point also.

• 4 weeks later...

Klipsch selects dealers and offers line franchises to maintain an orderly marketplace. We do not sell all lines through all dealers. We believe this is in the best interest of our customers, our dealers and our company. It is important to us that a dealer be able to support the products they sell. A product like the Ultra 2 subs are a particularly good example. Most customers (The Ear excluded due to his unusual expertise) need more than a box handed over the counter and a handshake. To obtain optimal performance from the product, we expect authorized THX dealers to be familiar with the product, to have it on display so potential customers can audition before purchase and to offer installation. If your dealer can meet these criteria, we would most likely be happy to have them as a THX certified account.

I hope this offers some additional clarity.

To obtain optimal performance from the product, we

expect authorized THX dealers to be familiar with the product, to have

it on display so potential customers can audition before purchase and

to offer installation. If your dealer can meet these criteria, we

would most likely be happy to have them as a THX certified

account.

Hey Bob... somewhat unrelated... but does this apply to Heritage as well?

ROb