Looking to Trade Rosewood Lacquer Belles for Walnut Oil Belles

J M O N

I have a pair of 1978 rosewood lacquer Belles that I would like to trade for walnut oil Belles in good condition. I'm located in Southern California, so would prefer something close by. I picked these up with the intention of using them to trade for walnut oil Belles since I'm trying to match my walnut oil Khorns.

The Belles are in good condition, but do have some chips in the edge banding on the front tops. Although these are rosewood, the finish is very light in color, so the chips are not nearly as noticeable as they would be if they were a dark wood color.

Here's a photo for those that may be interested. The actual color is a bit lighter that what I see on my monitor (or course yours is likely different). The speakers are actually a bit more yellow and less orange than what it appears in this photo (again, on my monitor anyway). I have a few more photos for those that may have some interest.

Shame that you are in CA and I in VT or I would trade my WO Belle's for those Rosewood's.

Maybe crazy Gilbert wouldn't mind a small roadtrip [:P]

Sure could use ONE of those Rosewood Belles in place of my BWO :)

Gilbert could drive to AZ, meet him halfway, swing by SC for a few days of sunshine and golf, head up to VT for some great scenery and skiing, then head home with two BWO's for our CA friend.

It would only be like 7000 miles and $3000 worth of gas -- oh yeah, and two weeks off of work.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I still don't own a digital camera so these are the only pics I have which I got from the original owner. I can resize them to make them smaller if that would be better. I can also take some non-digital photos (i.e., film), and have them scanned, but that would take some time. If you'd like to see more, just let me know and I can do that.

Maybe crazy Gilbert wouldn't mind a small roadtrip [:P]

Who!... What!, .....it wasn't me. I was out of town that day..

Oh Yea, I remember those puppies.... Those are the sexy babys that came from the SanFran area. The seller was moving to Canada or something.

I believe it was Sir Fini'ous Finster that posted the initial listing. They were an excellent deal. Right now, I spread out a bit thin....but if the right pair of Belle's surfaces I'll be all over them, even if I have to sell one of the kids[;)]. And I still have to pick up a pair of Khorns in S.Cal, and I'm seriously debating those Tigerwoods, which I can pick up on the drive back home.....Geeez, man oh man..........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...