Klipschorns for sale in factory tigerwood finish

tigerwoodKhorns

Never thought that I would see the day. I am selling my K Horns that are factory finished in Tigerwood (these are very rare speakers). I will post some pics on Monday (home computer problems).

Please look at my avitar for a pic. please note: THE FALSE CORNERS ARE NOT INCLUDED. They were very time consuming to build and a lot of the parts had to be made on a CNC machine. I have the original side grills that will be reinstalled when they are sold. The speakers have a few blemishes but are in beautiful shape.

I have the original set of AK Crossovers that I can reinstall but to do justice to the K Horns, a set of Bob Crites's Type A's, Dean's crossover or Al's ALK's are really needed.

I have a set of ALK's that I plan to use in my Belles but I would sell them if the price is right. The only problem is that they are custom made out of brass and marble and to have a set of these made to replace them would be about $900 or more (just for the parts - custom marble and brass work is not cheap!)

I am asking $2,500 for the K Horns (did I mention that they are finished in Tigerwood from the factory?). They are located in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Chris

(Do I need to change my name here? How about "The artist formerly known as Tigerwoodkhorns"?)

PS - I also have some other stuff for sale:

DBX 3bx dynamic range expander - $50

Dyna SCA 35 - mint and unrestored - $200

Harman Kardon HK660 dual power receiver $75

Magus MFA preamp modified with REL caps and upgraded RCA's - $750 (Listed on Audiogon)

Denon DP33 turntable - $100

Denon MR30HX 3 head deck - ($500 in 1988) - $75

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have all of the original drivers. They are laquer finish (I think - they feel smoother than my oiled Belles).

I can't get to the serial numbers because of the False corners. Where are the serial numbers located? Are they stamped into the wood somehwere?

It is my understanding that these were made in the 80's (because of the AK networks).

Come on out and pick 'em up tomorrow. Your wife will not be mad, its almost Christmas. Besides, it gets dark at about 5:00 now, she will be shooting in the dark and if she does hit you, K Horns are big enough to bury you in.

Chris

Mr. Soon-to-be-Ex tigerwoodKhorns:

Have you posted pictures before of the marble and brass crossovers? I

don't remember seeing them. Could you post some pictures of them just

for fun?

EDIT: I just noticed that you can see one of your crossovers next to

your Khorn on your avatar, if you rightclick on it to enlarge the image. Heckuva

thing!!!

Pat,

That is exactly what it is. It has WAY MORE power than my old Denon 95 wpc receiver. It is in really good shape (I'll post some pics or email them if you like). I took it apart and cleaned the inside with electrical cleaner and oiled all of the pots.

When I first got it I was dissapointed with its lack of bass and harsh glare. Of course, I was using a Denon DCD 1400 cd player ($500 back in 1988) as a sourced. I switched to a Philips 963 SA and thsi thing just bloomed. I drive a really inefficient pair of Maggies with it and it does just fine.

Let me know if you are interested.

I have a bunch of computer boxes and styrofoam (the solid stuff) and will pack it very well.

Chris

Email me at homeworkbypat @ comcast.net to let me know if you want a personal check or money order VISA or whatever.......DeanG. and Bob Crites have accepted my personal checks before with no problem. I trust your packing and shipping skills....[:D]

It will replace my 45 watt Denon receiver powering my KG4.2 speakers.

$75.00 for a nice Twin Powered 630 is a fair price, IMO.

Hope shipping over those darned mountains doesn't screw it up.

I like both my 730 and my 930.

Can't imagine the 630 being less, espescially with all the people using 430's around here.

Get it, Speedball! You're buying from a forum member. That's a heckuva plus.