Problems finding Heresy II drivers.

rtrahan123

I'm looking to purchase a full set of Heresy II drivers. I recently found a pair of Heresy II cabinets at a garage sale. The problem is, there are no drivers or crossovers in the boxes. I called the Klipsch parts dept.,and they informed me that I would not be able to purchase the parts from them. He told me they are no longe available. I know that I can get the woofers from Layne, but where besides e-bay can I find the midrange horns and tweeters. I also would like to know if the crossovers are the same as the type E found in the later Heresy I speakers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

what are the values of the

two inductors? 2.8 mh and .16 mh ??? Pretty difficult for

me to figure out.

Thanks

Yes you are correct

My schematic shows the larger one as a 2.5mh and not 2.8. Which is really correct?

Bruce

Ha! I can clear that one up perfectly. I happen to have two sets of Heresy II crossovers right here next to me. One is from a late model H2 and the other is from an early H2. The woofer inductor on one of them measures about 2.6 mH and on the other measures about 2.7 mH.

Bob Crites

In the picture below are the two types of H2 crossovers I have. I think the one on the right is the newest. The one on the left has the inductors marked as to value at .16 mH and 2.5 mH. The 2.5 mH one actually measures about 2.6. The inductors are not marked at all on the one on the right as far as I can tell. The woofer inductor on that one measures about 2.7 mH.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819276576084_thumb.jpg

I've been doing some research on prices and parts to build my own crossovers using the schematics you've provided, I found all the parts online, but I have a question about the inductor labeled #3504 (-10dB). I haven't been able to find anything with those specifications. What exactly is it? Where can I find It? I know you said you have the crossovers already built and the parts to build them. My cabinets were built around 1987 and have the rectangular speaker terminals on them.

Bennyboy,

I built a few of these double magnet tweets in an attempt to duplicate the performance of the T-350. Turned out it was not a lot better than a K-77 or T-35, so did not make many of them. In January though, I will have an improved tweeter available that is a good upgrade compared to the K-77.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819278270304_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much Bob !!!

It is the same picture but i couldn't load it on the forum .

Anyway , i am very curious so i will wait to januari .

I need a lot of stuff to build a second pair La-Scala's .

I can still play music so i have some time...

You can put a Beyma CP-25 in but i think there is nothing wrong with the K-77.

It does a better job to take over the midrange because of his strong low end.

Bennyboy,

thanks for your input JC