Is this a legit buyer?

Kudret

I posted some items for sale and received this email:

"Hello,

My name is Mrs S.... W.... .I am located in Ireland.I will like to buy

your,Vintage Fisher SA100 & 400C and Eico.I have an international shipping agent

that will come over to your location for pickup.Mail me if you are interested

in selling i will need the last price .Wating for your

reply.Thanks and God Bless.

Mrs S.... W........"

I am suspicious of offers that mention any kind of "agents". Has this

been a known scam (say, pay by bad MO at the time of pick up)? If not, what would be the safest form of payment in

such cases? cash? Or, shoud I ask for a MO and wait until it clears before revealing my address?

Kudret

I'd say cash or Paypal.

I second that... and actually push for paypal in advance.

That would avoid someone promising cash and dropping by and

offering a fake MO instead, with an excuse. It would also avoid someone scouting homes for possible...

"break-ins".

You may also be able to arrange the exchange at

work...

Perhaps I've become paranoid... but with two attempts in at my place in the last 6 months has me a little frustrated.

ROb

PS: The reply's wording seems weird.... "I will like to buy" and

"i will need the last price" for a country whose primary language is

english?

I have seen first hand, that Money Orders can be faked! The person in front of me at the Bank

was shown that she had a fake Money Order! She had not shipped the goods yet, so everthing

worked out for her............ (They tried the old Nigerian scam of Overpaying the amount and having

the difference sent to them)............

As others have stated Cash, or a Postal Money Order. Myself- I would Never sell to any Overseas

buyers, unless I truly know them..........JMHO.

I am doing great Greg.

I've been busy with my new TD124[:P].

DSC06238a.jpg

BTW. I built the base.[:D]

And now that that is out of the way, I am planning to get back to my

Khorns. I want to build a pair of ES networks, but the size of the

project scares me (lol). Maybe I will consider ALKs tachorns first,

don't know yet.

Kudret

Absolutely PayPal or cash only.

If you're worried about a buyer being legit, follow the PayPal Seller Protection policy:

1- use verifiable tracking

2- ship within 7 days of payment

3- have a PayPal account in either US, Canada or Great Britain and ship to one of these countries

4- make sure your PayPal account is verified with bank account

5- require a signature for receipt of items selling for more than $250.00 USD

If item arrives then it doesn't matter if it's legit or not. PayPal will cover/protect you no matter what happens up to $5000.00

And here comes the reply.

Hello,

Thanks,i am still intrested okay with the price .This is how i will want us to seal the transaction cos i dont want any delay at all.So all i am going to do is to contact my associate in the State to issue you a certified Money Order $3,000.which will be for both the shipping and your own money $710.So all i will want you to do when you recieve the Money Order, is to deduct your own money and send the remaining shipping funds through via western union to my inetrnational shipping agent ,once he recieves the balance will come over to your location the very next day for pick up, now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want it to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as so! on as i contact him. So if this terms are okay by you i will need your contact address and phone number so that i can forward to my associate who will be issueing you the Money Order .I look forward to your reply.Thanks and GOD Bless.

Mrs Shelly Woods.

N/B the shipping funds will be wired to my international agent that will come for the pickup he will be the one to arrange the shipping from your house to where i am living.now that we have an agreement I will like you to remove the advert you placed on the website so that you will recieve no more offers.the Money Order will be sent to you via fedex. I will give you a call as soon as you reply.info required to send Payment:

NAME ........

FULL ADDRESS.........

CITY............

STATE.........

COUNTRY.....

ZIPCODE........

Phone number Office / cell

[smily for the middle finger]

Kudret

Duke, The "agent" will never show up. The guy is after the equipment (shipped to him for free) plus $2290 on top of it for his troubles. If I was in the mood I would put all that crap in a box, insure it for $800 and ship it to him ("his agent's address") for him to pay all the custom's fees+taxes etc.

Kudret

And here comes the reply.

Hello,

Thanks,i am still intrested okay with the price .This is how i will want us to seal the transaction cos i dont want any delay at all.So all i am going to do is to contact my associate in the State to issue you a certified Money Order $3,000.which will be for both the shipping and your own money $710.So all i will want you to do when you recieve the Money Order, is to deduct your own money and send the remaining shipping funds through via western union to my inetrnational shipping agent ,once he recieves the balance will come over to your location the very next day for pick up, now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want it to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as so! on as i contact him. So if this terms are okay by you i will need your contact address and phone number so that i can forward to my associate who will be issueing you the Money Order .I look forward to your reply.Thanks and GOD Bless.

Mrs Shelly Woods.

N/B the shipping funds will be wired to my international agent that will come for the pickup he will be the one to arrange the shipping from your house to where i am living.now that we have an agreement I will like you to remove the advert you placed on the website so that you will recieve no more offers.the Money Order will be sent to you via fedex. I will give you a call as soon as you reply.info required to send Payment:

NAME ........

FULL ADDRESS.........

CITY............

STATE.........

COUNTRY.....

ZIPCODE........

Phone number Office / cell

[smily for the middle finger]

Kudret

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! I like the way we did it. I send you a paypal, you send me an amp and preamp. Wa La![:)]