Njoe Tjup Tjsampler is Tjotally Tjawsome!! AH!!

tigerwoodKhorns

I have a pair of philips tubes in there now. Will the Seimens make that much of a difference over teh Philips tubes?

Chris

Yes. Mine too came with the philips, but I changed them out for Telefunken CCa's. I had tried only 3 different tube types out, but when I plugged the CCa's in, that was it for me. Pinch waist Siemens are reportedly the Cat's Meow, but I have not tried them.

Several months ago I too posted a comment regarding the positive experience I noted with the Up-Sampler. Now it appears that others are experiencing the same thing. Man!, I love my Ah!4000 w/UpSampler. It is truely an excellent sounding redbook player.

PS, Chris, take good care of my Tigerwoods.

Seimens 7308's ROCK in this deck. I also tried the stock Phillips - not bad - but the Seimens.......OH YEAH. Superb midrange, excellent bass - those tubes are just right.

I called Kevin at Upscale after I bought this deck, asking him what other tubes I should be looking at for the Ah!. He asked me "do you like the Seimens"? I said yes. Kevin replied "Don't change them. If you like them, leave them. Saves money from further experimenting - unless you want another pair of Seimens".

I've since picked up a pair of Amperex 6922, just for curiosity, but have yet to try them. Someday, I'll get a round tuit.

I bought my player with all the bells and whistles from the start , it was the "super" version with the upgraded power cord and feet and the upsampler, but it came with the stock tubes, the Jan Phlips 6922. Over the past year or two Ive made quite a decent collection of 6dj8, 6922, 7308 and 6h23 tubes for the player. Ive come to the conclusion that the JAN Philips tube is pretty much the worst ive heard and the Seimens 7308 W.German gold pin tube is the best. Of course the Seimens tubes is aver 10x the price but i found it to be well worth it the upgrade was a big one, equal to the upsampler upgrade. It really is subjective though and really depends on the rest of your system as well. All I can say is that out of about 10-12 differant tubes the Seimens is the one ive stuck with, and while pricey i definitly think its worth it. On the budget enbd of thing I would reccomend the Russian "rocket logo" 6h23 tube, its a definite step up from the stock Philips tube and is very inexpensive, definitly worth a try. You got yourself one of the best bang for the buck redbook available for around $1k. What speakers and amp are you using btw?? Ive heard good things about the Prima Luna tube amps which are supposedly imported by the same people that do the Ah! Tjoeb players. The Ah! Tjoeb 4000, Prima Luna Prologue 2 and a pair of Klipsch's would make for quite a nice budget system. Happy listening!

I bought mine on audiogon and it had two sets fo tubes. I thought that the Philips were the upgraded tubes. I'll swap them out tonight.

I attached a pic of the Philips and the other tubes. Are they are something special?

Chris

Siemens are the upgrade tubes. Just go the Ah! website, and you'll see what the manufacturer considers as the best tubes. If I remember correctly, it is NOS Siemens ECC88's that are considered the upgrade tubes, and they were approx. $250/pair. I had also come across a forum discussion were several people had discussed the Ah! 4000, but damn if I can remember how to find it again. When my home PC died, she took all the HD info to her grave.

I dont remeber exactly what I paid for my Seimens 7308's, but i think they where in the $150 range for the pair and they where NOS. The Russian tube will cost about 10-15 a piece. For the NOS tubes it really depends who you buy from, you can find them cheaper on ebay, but from a reputable tube dealer you are paying for a matched pair that are tested and you are assured a high quality tube. Ebay is more of a crap shoot, you may get a great deal but you can also get ripped off, Id stick to the reputable dealers like Upscale audio, they are very knowledgable about tubes for this player. Just make sure if you go for the Seimens tubes, they are the W.german gold pins tube, not the steel pin, two totally differant tubes. Good Luck happy listening!

I too have the AH' got it off A-Gon w/all the toys..upsampler,feets,etc,..mine came w/stock Jan Phillips,Seimens 7308 W.German steel pins and Amperex PQ 7308 USA gold pins,all tubes and player came from Upscale Audio. I just put in the Seimens W.German steel pins for the first time,I think they sound better than the Amperx PQ gold pins,but what do I know. The dude I bought my AH said he liked the Amperex PQ gold pins best.

Which do you guys like best? the W.German Seimens steel pins 7308's or Amperex USA Gold Pin 7308?

I do have a pinchwaist PQ Amperex gold pin in my Blueberry linestage and I loves it!! :~)

Cheers,

Robert