Permission to enter "The Club"

cruisaire

Hazing.....that brings a smile to my face remembering the early 80s and all those youthful misadventures! I hope you guys don't make me try to smoke a tampon again!!

I'll try later to post a pic of a recently reworked, recased Sonic Impact amp that I had handy to set up for Heresy intro. Rehoused in a mahogany tray turned upside down, 38 cents from a thrift I think. I'm a low buck, low budget guy so the source is a first generation Playstation (SCPH 1001) that blows the doors off any CDP (even if it does look cheesy in the rack) that I could otherwise afford. Next, I'll try one of several mono and stereo 6V6 PP amps with a Foreplay II pre and see how it all sounds.

"first generation Playstation (SCPH 1001) that blows the doors off any CDP"

Now that is an interesting alternative. Are they really any good as a CD player - I got one of those somewhere....or does Tony have it....or a neighbour....oh well.

Welcome on board. The price of admission is one pair of Heresys - which you have to buy and then use.

As you have done that - you are in.

And may the Lord have mercy.....

Thanks! Yes, the SCPH 1001 is an excellent sounding cdp. Please don't misunderstand, it isn't a "high end" equivalent and I don't think it ever will be. Rather, it is a low cost alternative cd source with incredible reproduction from such a simple video game device. If you ever come across one for little or nothing in cost, pick it up and give it a try.

Welcome, congrats on the new Klipsch! I'm sure you will find a wealth of information here on the forum as well as a great group of people willing to pass along their knowledge to help you along the way.

Best of luck!

I think what he means is that we'll help you spend all your money. [:)]

Welcome!

Woo

Well said Woodog. Standard procedure would allot a 'warmup' year of 2006, then in 2007 the 'complete walletectomy' would be performed. If'n ya'll need any dental work done, best get to it. There won't be any available funds left once this hobby runs its course. [;)]

Michael

Well said Woodog. Standard procedure would allot a 'warmup' year of 2006, then in 2007 the 'complete walletectomy' would be performed. If'n ya'll need any dental work done, best get to it. There won't be any available funds left once this hobby runs its course. [;)]

Michael

Michael, you guys are killing me!! I'm sitting here listening to Fleetwood Mac "Fleetwood Mac" and slowly imagining all my funds departing with the fade out of each song. Here's the Sonic T I mentioned in her new clothes.

post-20083-13819276671302_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Michael now that was funny and true ( complete walletectomy).

Welcome Cruisaire, you are already hooked, it's easy to see by your post, good luck, but you did find the perfect place to share your addiction.

I'm glad i diden't have to go thru that on my first post they made it very easy on me.

• Moderators

When i went back and read about his revised edition of him picking up his speakers Cruisaire's writing style made me think of Thebes, is it just me, just something about the way they tell a story, very nice.