Too much audio gear and some needs to go!

boomac

Now that we are working on finishing the lower level, I have come to the conclusion that I have way too much in audio gear. There are too many amps and too many speakers for the available space.

Therefore, after several difficult choices, I will offer several nice items to Forum Members prior to going the Audiogon or eBay route. Some gear may come off the table if another one happens to sell. That policy will help me avoid making further difficult decisions. Below is a list of what is currently available and anyone interested is welcome to e-mail or PM me for specific information.

Klipsch Quartets in oiled oak

Klipsch Heresys in oiled walnut

Klipsch RC-3 II Center Channel Speaker

Scott 299 Intigrated Amp NosValves rebuild

Tandberg 2045 Receiver

Sony SCD-C222ES SACD Changer

Pro-Ject 1.2 Turntable with Sumiko Oyster Cartridge

If someone is interested in a virtually new pair of VRD Amps, I would consider parting with mine. I was able to pick up a Balanced Audio Technology Amp to match my Pre Amp. If I keep the VRDs I will have to go out and buy another quality pre amp and the object here is to downsize! OK, I bet some of you have to know. How do the VRDs compete against the BAT VK-55? Very well, indeed!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those VRDs are beauts! I heard them right out of the box and I'm pretty sure as soon as Allan and I left Wisconsin, they went right back in the box since the basement was about to undergo a remodel. If I were a betting man, I'd say there are about 2 hours on those babies. They could be a real deal for someone whose been thinking about buying a pair.

Kinda bad timing there Scott! I'll be in MILWAUKEE this weekend- going to the ballet (I know, don't laugh you guys)

What the diff between Forte and Quartet? I had my mind made up on the Forte II for my next score.

Can you PM price on Quartet's and photos please?

Michael

Kinda bad timing there Scott! I'll be in

MILWAUKEE this weekend- going to the ballet (I know, don't laugh you

guys)

What the diff between Forte and Quartet? I had my mind made up on the Forte II for my next score.

Can you PM price on Quartet's and photos please?

Michael

Michael, buy both and then compare them, you can do it, we have faith in you[:P]

Klipsch Quartets in oiled oak - SOLD

Klipsch Heresys in oiled walnut - SALE PENDING

Klipsch RC-3 II Center Channel Speaker - (mint with minimal hours - will be shipped in original box)

Scott 299 Intigrated Amp NosValves rebuild

Tandberg 2045 Receiver

Sony SCD-C222ES SACD Changer

Pro-Ject 1.2 Turntable with Sumiko Oyster Cartridge

NosValves VRDs - Currently on first of two holds!

I also have an older NAD Receiver that is not being used. There might be a problem with the tuner section but everything else seems ok. It sold for over $500 in the 80s but it can be yours if the offer is reasonable!

Michael - Did you not see my post above? It was posted right around 11:00AM and I mentioned that I had not received your PM. I also asked if you had received the pictures and to e-mail me if you had not. There were five different members interested in the Quartets and had any one requested that I hold them for a few days I would have given them first dibs. The buyer e-mailed around 1:00PM to confirm that he wanted them. Seriously Michael, had you asked me to hold them till you got to town I would have agreed and put everyone else in line. You're still welcome to stop by and try and talk me out of my OW Forte IIs but that would be a chore! The Quartets were OO U NO. (oiled oak you know)

Sorry Scott, didnt' think you'd take my post that critically. No, I wasn't hurt that much to not get them, you prob did me a favor. I didn't ask to be put in line, didin't even know where I stood. After reading that other poster's need for F or Q speakers, was kind of rooting for him anyway.

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I know you and know you did the right thing. I am on a pretty tight schedule this weekend anyway. No harm, no foul.

Michael

Craig, he's got plenty of speakers but does he have a 299 to make them sing?[:D]

No worries Michael and no offense was taken. I was just worried that I might have misunderstood or screwed up in some way. I did learn that although I receive an e-mail message from someone via the Forum, I can't reply to them directly from that message.