I Bought Klipschorns :)

meagain

Now why would some one with money like that do something like buy a 300wpc amp to play through his "Most efficient speakers" Klipsch. Especially when we all know he could have the same sound with a set amp or a HK 65wpc.[:D]

You can ask that question, but you should probably also ask the question of why is he/she selling it? Wouldn't that answer be more revealing???

Not necessarily. Ever buy any of your stuff used? I've seen lots of used, low-wattage tube amps for sale. [;)]

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. Ever buy any of your stuff used? I've seen lots of used, low-wattage tube amps for sale. [;)]

Sure, I've bought three different Threshold amps used, a Classe Audio amp, and I've even bought a Jeff Rowland amp used. These were all solid-state amps and are generally regarded as among the best available. They sure did sound good in my system. I also bought an Audio Research VT-50 amp used which I still own. The VT-50 is a tube amp that puts out about 45 watts/channel. With Khorns, that's more than enough to wake up the neighbors. The superiority of the tube amp is the reason I sold all those others.

Now why would some one with money like that do something like buy a 300wpc amp to play through his "Most efficient speakers" Klipsch. Especially when we all know he could have the same sound with a set amp or a HK 65wpc.[:D]

You can ask that question, but you should probably also ask the question of why is he/she selling it? Wouldn't that answer be more revealing???

Uhhh Jeff , This is from tilmbril's post signature:

William R Tillman

Two Channel System:

79 Cornwalls-

BB Extreme-

MMF-7 TT

Nosvalves VRD's

Sony C333ES

Note the NOSValves VRD AMPS are 60 watt tube amps.....with his Cornwalls....hmmmmm.

Yeah, I saw that, but his post lists alot of others, like an M80 at 260 wpc. Maybe he needs to clarify, but when he said "Want to see what happens as you add more power?" (as he was defending his statements that power is great), I took that to mean he was referencing those amps he has that are 200+ watts. Maybe he'll clarify.

I prefer different topoligies for different genres of music. I use the VRD's on the CW's and it is the best mix so far for Jazz. Definitely the has a better sound tham the B&K, M80 and the MC2505. The SS was too bright. The VRD's replaced a Dynaco ST70, then Scott 299D, Mc240 to the current arrangement VRD's.

The M80 pushes the RF-5's for frnts in the HT system; M65 rears, and MA500 center. St202 runs the Heresys in the garage, and the DenonP501 runs the pool Klipsch speakers. Rock-n-Roll sounds better with the SS ront end to me.