Mountain Time is a trip

wstrickland1

This is crazy as hell. We just got finished with the Dealer Reception @ the MGM Grand (Bruce Hornsby and Kool and the Gang played), had a few drinks, played some slots and came up to the room tired as hell. I look at the clock and it's 9:45. Good grief, it feels like frickin 12:45. Hell my watch said it's 12:45, my body said it's 12:45 but it's 9:45. We both woke up at 4:00 this morning ready to go. Frankly, this sucks. Oh well, it'll be easy to get up in the morning for my 8:00 breakout session. I can't wait to get back to E.S.T.

• Moderators

...Which would explain why there is a 3 hour difference instead of a 2 hour difference. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with daylight savings.

Daylight Savings time is only in effect from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October. The rest of the year, we're all on Standard Time.

Indiana, of course, has never observed Daylight Time (except a few counties), but we'll be making the switch this April. We're probably all going to be thinking that the sky is falling.

Then there are a few counties in the western side of the state who are lobbying to be moved into the Central Time zone, while the rest of us are in Eastern. I don't get this state at all sometimes.