Any Vinyl Guys Here?

Wardsweb

Thanks to Harry "O" I was able to put together my homemade record cleaning machine. Total cost $36. Personally I think it works better than my friend's VPI and I saved just a few bucks. I haven't finished staining and sealing it yet but it works great!!! Vacuum is enclosed in box under TT and black button on left side of box turns the vacuum on and off... Platter driven by a bread maker motor so there's plenty of torque and it turns forward and backward for best cleaning.

That's a great looking RCM and a you saved a BUNCH of money!! Thanks for posting it.

I've seen a lot of people use a foot pedal on and off switch for the vacuum, so they can do it hands free. I thought that sounded like a great idea and just wanted to pass it on, if you haven't already considered it.

Oh and that Garrard is Beautiful!! Yes

Dennie

thanks for the tip, i think i will change to your recommendation...great idea!!

You're welcome. I also thought it sounded like the way to go.

I've been reading up on RCM's, with a few thousand albums, I could use one.

I have a few (stacks of) old turntables and making a RCM is on my long list of "things to do". Now that I've seen the great job you did, and how good looking they can be, I want to get started on making one. I may bother you for some guidance when the time comes. It might not be for a while, my Father has been ill. But it's on the list. [;)]

Thanks,

Dennie

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be glad to help you, just let me know...i got my ideas online so i can reference those for you but in the end be more than willing to guide you through the process.. Best wishes to your Father and you!

Thanks Gartenman! 3 days later and my Father is doing much better.

When I am ready to work on the RCM, you will be the second to know.

Dennie