Any Vinyl Guys Here?

Wardsweb

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nottingham Analogue Interspace with an OL-1 arm + DL103R cart, and an RB300 arm w/ Clearaudio counterweight that is waiting for a DL102 mono cart.

You can sorta see it here (ignore the iPod in the charger - I only use it when working in the yard):

Front end

It's feeding these:

Heresy II

-D

• Moderators

I get a feeling that Dtel will be in search of vinyl soon. Been mentioning that it'd be cool to have a turntable hooked up to the HK.

M

[:|]

I got dizzy just reading this whole thread, and confused.

I had a couple of them years ago, nothing expensive like most of these, gave it all away when the newest media was claiming to be a replacement for all those big albums. Guess what it made a big circle, back to tubes and LP's, the price you pay for living long enough i guess ?

Nice set-up Donkeyshins, How do ya like the Nakamichi lx-5? Most of my friends laugh when they realize I'm still using a cassette player.

Thanks! It's been a journey to assemble this gear (about 20 years). Much debt is owed to my wife for tolerating my hifi (NOT audiophile) tendencies.

With regards to the LX-5, I don't use it that much - mostly to listen to old tapes from college bands or my days as a DJ. However, it fulfills the goal I had in college to one day own a real Nakamichi tape deck... [:P]

-D

• 1 year later...

Thanks to Harry "O" I was able to put together my homemade record cleaning machine. Total cost $36. Personally I think it works better than my friend's VPI and I saved just a few bucks. I haven't finished staining and sealing it yet but it works great!!! Vacuum is enclosed in box under TT and black button on left side of box turns the vacuum on and off... Platter driven by a bread maker motor so there's plenty of torque and it turns forward and backward for best cleaning.

post-35949-138195263973_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Harry "O" I was able to put together my homemade record cleaning machine. Total cost $36. Personally I think it works better than my friend's VPI and I saved just a few bucks. I haven't finished staining and sealing it yet but it works great!!! Vacuum is enclosed in box under TT and black button on left side of box turns the vacuum on and off... Platter driven by a bread maker motor so there's plenty of torque and it turns forward and backward for best cleaning.

That's a great looking RCM and a you saved a BUNCH of money!! Thanks for posting it.

I've seen a lot of people use a foot pedal on and off switch for the vacuum, so they can do it hands free. I thought that sounded like a great idea and just wanted to pass it on, if you haven't already considered it.

Oh and that Garrard is Beautiful!! [Y]

Dennie

That's a great looking RCM and a you saved a BUNCH of money!! Thanks for posting it.

I've seen a lot of people use a foot pedal on and off switch for the vacuum, so they can do it hands free. I thought that sounded like a great idea and just wanted to pass it on, if you haven't already considered it.

Oh and that Garrard is Beautiful!! Yes

Dennie

thanks for the tip, i think i will change to your recommendation...great idea!!