What size spades for Vintage Mac and Klipsch?

Dirk Diggler

I remember buying a few from Audio Classics a couple of years back but I can't find them on their website. Any idea on the size and where I can pick up a couple dozen?

Thanks.

I don't remember the size, but this question was asked not too long ago. Try doing a search.

I do remember that the terminal could be purchased direct from Part Express.

I presume you mean to connect the speaker wires to?

If that's correct, I had some extras laying around that I used for Al's ES networks. I went to use them on my MC-30's and low & behold, they were a tad wide.

I took some pliers and sqooshed them to make them a bit more narrow. This of course, made the tips of them too narrow by the time the back of it was narrow enough to fit. SOooooooooo, I took a small screwdriver (like 1/8th inch across) and used it IN BETWEEN the two spade forks near the tips (or was it the base...I now forget). None the less, after supporting the two tines of the fork, I then applied the pliers and after 2 sqooshed attempts, I finally figured out the right amount of pressure and they worked GREAT. Just a very nice snug slip on fit.

They were yellow in color (if that helps indicate size). Getting the right size up front will of course, make it easier all the way around. With that said, just get the size smaller than the yellow ones.

[:)]

Spades have 2 dims to worry about...

First is for the wire size which is color coded...

then spade bolt size and this varys depending on where ya buy it...

Radio shack has a variety as well as local auto parts store...

and heck BEST BUYS will sell ya really expensive monster ones if ya want them

I guess I should have bben more specific. I use 12 gauge wire and wanted to find the spades that fit the Klipsch Heritage and Mac strips without having to bend them. I'll send Audio Classics a request because I know that they have them that fit perfectly. I thought that parts Express might have them as well.