Looking for a Scott 299c Case

DoubleJ

Yup Alan makes the best after market cases for vintage amps available. They ventilate well and make access to the amplifier a simple task without having to remove the amp from your system. The factory case never ventilated all that well and after all these years fall apart very easily. They are a real pita to get on and off the amp if you need to get to the tubes or do some cleaning.

Craig

Paul yes I did build a fisher cabinet months ago and am kinda stuck on trying too find a bottom cover for my fisher X-100. Dang thing never came with one when I got it. Anyway, made my own bottom cover to get by and built a prototype cabinet for it. Here is a picture of it. If I could get a bottom cover measurement from you it would help me a bunch on knowing if my cabinet will work or not I am almost 99.9%n sure it will but wont sell a cabinet untill I know for sure.

post-8918-13819281372528_thumb.jpg

Paul turn that fisher X-100 of yours upside down and measure the bottom cover from one side too the other and make sure too include those screws that hold the bottom cover in place in your measurement , I need too clear those screws with my cabinet.Thanks for the help Paul.

Yup Alan makes the best after market cases for vintage amps available. They ventilate well and make access to the amplifier a simple task without having to remove the amp from your system. The factory case never ventilated all that well and after all these years fall apart very easily. They are a real pita to get on and off the amp if you need to get to the tubes or do some cleaning.

Craig

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

I've got 4 original Scott cabinets and they're all as tight as the day they were built. Once you get through tube rolling there's really no need to get inside the cabinet, although I can change tubes and adjust bias ( when it worked) on my 222-C without removing the cabinet.

Keith

Thanks a million Paul for the measurement, looks like my cabinet will clear the bottom cover screws. Maybe one of these days I will get lucky and find a bottom cover for my X-100 and a good looking faceplate. If not I just might get a whole different unit and sell this one. Wish I would have bought that KX-100 that was on Craigs websight a while back for 400 bucks that was a buy. The price of these tube amps are going up all the time, I paid 175 for this ugly one and it needs a total rebuild it has a hum out of both channels but what the heck at least it does work.

Thanks a million Paul for the measurement, looks like my cabinet will clear the bottom cover screws. Maybe one of these days I will get lucky and find a bottom cover for my X-100 and a good looking faceplate. If not I just might get a whole different unit and sell this one. Wish I would have bought that KX-100 that was on Craigs websight a while back for 400 bucks that was a buy. The price of these tube amps are going up all the time, I paid 175 for this ugly one and it needs a total rebuild it has a hum out of both channels but what the heck at least it does work.

Alan,

You bet.

I never really "got" the EL 84 sound till I heard the Fisher. You're right-the one on Craig's site was a good deal.

If you need some more measurements, or would like me to send my bottom

cover out for you to have one cut, just let me know.

Regarding cases, what's the best way to contact you? I'm not sure the PM system here works.

Paul

Just received my Walnut case, from Alan, and what a fine piece of craftsmanship as well as a very fine looking case.

If you are in the market for a case, Alan is "THE MAN" to talk to. The one I purchased is probably the one Alan posted a picture of earlier in this thread. It looks excellent in the picture, but even more impressive in person.

Thanks again, Alan!!!

JJ