How much better can it get?

tigerwoodKhorns

Some Friday night rambling for you. I am sitting here very pleased. Been sick and have not listened for a while. Listening to some Jackson Browne. The system has just gotten to such an awesome point. Took a while but I just love it.

I don't have my equipment listed in my signature, but the major components are:

AH - upsampled, goofy feet and cord, and Amperex PQ white labels

Peach - Amperex Pinched Waist

Yamaha Active Crossover, QSC 1202 and two teac L700's

and K horns

Every time I make a major upgrade I wonder if it can get better, but it always does. I just don't really know how much better it can get. I have the parts lying around for a serious speaker upgrade, but can it get that much better? Will that finally be the end of the line? Ignorance is bliss, do I even want to know?

Chris

Every time I make a major upgrade I wonder if it can get better, but it always does. I just don't really know how much better it can get. I have the parts lying around for a serious speaker upgrade, but can it get that much better? Will that finally be the end of the line? Ignorance is bliss, do I even want to know?

Chris

2 Words - Tube Amps!

TigerwoodKHorns,

This is EXACTLY the way I was feeling last week when I posted about "Sell me on Tubes..." Could it get any better than this...enjoying my McIntosh amp playing Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits through my K'Horns right now...ahhhhhhh...

Bill

I started with a tube amp. Not the best of the best, but very very good, an NOS Valves Scott LK-48. It was a great sweet sounding amp.

I bought a single Teac because it was only $100 and I wanted to know what everyone was talking about. When I bught my Peach I didn't have a power amp so I used the Teac. I then bought the QSC 1202 on Dean's recommendation and loved the headroom (Jeff - don't take us on a tangent!) silence and clarity - this thing is a real bargain. What I went Active crossover I dusted off the Teac and added another Teac and the clarity is unreal. The only upgrade that I can see is a SET for the midrange but I don't know if the improvement will be worth the expense (and the extra space heater in the summer). Digital amps are nice. When I'm done building my K Horn based speakers I think it may be the end of the road.

Chris