Name That Engine.....

Gilbert

Here's another picture of her after a nice install.....While polishing and blue printing the cases, she (my daughter Jordan) spent most of the 3 days it took me to do it, sitting next to me with ear plugs and sand paper rolls. Granted, I had to give her the air gun and special usage of my compressor.[:)]

Ah!, my future little GEAR HEAD. She's got a rachet in her hand and my heart in her pocket. Damn girls!![:D]

post-12381-13819284194004_thumb.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tarvy & Gilbert - you guys make such excellent fish.

What with taking that bait I threw out.

Hook, line and sinker too! LOL.......

Seriously, I was jes messin' with ya. Peace ma 'brother.

Listen - I could care less what sanctioning body is associated with it, if it has an internal combustion engine and races - I'm there. My wife called COMCAST complaining that our bill says we get over 90 channels yet our set only gets the Speed Channel. Damn - thought she'd never figure out how to unlock the other channels! [:o] [:D]

Oh - my Speedster has the Mercury M2 jet drive mated to a Merc V6 240Hp powerhead. It's plenty fast for a 16' boat. A true 60mph on GPS. If I were gonna keep the boat longer, I'd be looking into some Merc hop-up parts like heads, reeds, and such.

Tom

Hey Tom thats a good one. It's ok you can like Nascar if you like. I used to watch them and Indy cars til they screwed that up. I haven't paid as much attention to any of them as of late. I used to tape all the races just to have them. F1 just always had a certain air about it. I recall an F1 race when it was raining bad ( yes they race in the rain) Schumacher (ferrari) stayed out on his slicks and everyone else went to rain tires. Schumacher remained ahead of the field by 45 seconds the whole race. I dont know how but thats one talented driver. I dont know how old you are but I loved F1 in the early to mid 90's. Senna and Mansell were huge rivals. I remember Senna didn't have a contract at the seasons start, they paid him 1 million a race. Man the pits took 6 seconds , fuel was a cocktail of who knows what (it was secret) $3000 to fill the tank, they never had to refuel. No pitlane speeds. If you stalled or something outside your pit spot or on the course (thus the cranes) nobody could help you get going again , you were done. No pace car, no full course cautions that bunches everyone up again. Oh the standing start is always fun to watch. If I remeber correctly the anouncer said at 18,000 rpm a spark plug fires 275 times a second. I remember Micheal Andretti going over there and was Senna's team mate. he could be fast but he crashed almost every race , too bad . He was the only American in F1. Not many people can handle those cars All those things mentioned above just made it more hardcore. A racers race, the best of the best from around the world, man and machine, racers and car builders. Thats why I was always turned on by F1, Oh and the pit babes lol ;-)