Name That Engine.....

Gilbert

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would have to be a pretty tight autocross course, and even then it is debatable. Road course or mountain roads? Forget about it. [:D]

This car is totally setup for the twisties. 6 pot Wilwoods up front and 4 pots in the rear. Cooling? 3 qt accusump, oversized Be-Cool rad and Mocal oil cooler. 12 qts of Mobil 1 every change. 275/40's and 315/35's in the rear... with race rubber.

Haven't been passed by a miata yet.. including the spec racers. But that don't mean it can't happen. There's always somebody faster...

Mike

It would have to be a pretty tight autocross course, and even then it is debatable. Road course or mountain roads? Forget about it. [:D]

This car is totally setup for the twisties. 6 pot Wilwoods up front and 4 pots in the rear. Cooling? 3 qt accusump, oversized Be-Cool rad and Mocal oil cooler. 12 qts of Mobil 1 every change. 275/40's and 315/35's in the rear... with race rubber.

Haven't been passed by a miata yet.. including the spec racers. But that don't mean it can't happen. There's always somebody faster...

Mike

Since when do we have mountain roads in Florida?!?! LOL [;)]

I was only joking of course in my last post. My little Miata is mostly stock except for an R-Speed/Monster Flow intake, Racing Beat exhaust, R-Speed front shock tower brace and Alutec rear shock tower brace. Also Mobil 1 full synthetic motor, trans gear, and diff gear oils.

I'm getting a whopping 115hp at the rear wheels! Sure, it's not 415hp like yours, but it's still a fun little car to drive. I just love throwing it into the corners every now and then. I certianly wouldn't mind taking a spin in that little rocket ship of yours sometime though.

Hey, I bet I can get farther down the road than you with 1 gallon of fuel! hehehe [:D]

BTW, I like your Vette better with the black wheels mounted. Very nice.

Since we are showing off our toys again....

Put on a nice set of 19" BBS wheels and a 6-speed MT and I'll take it!

Sorry, I'm not one for chrome or polished wheels.[;)]

Sorry if you mistook the 740il for a sports car. She is all about slowwww motion.....

That is, untill you drop that 6 speed auto down and open her up...

I love dusting "tuners" in that beast.... plus, no wobbles at 135mph!

Since we are showing off our toys again....

Put on a nice set of 19" BBS wheels and a 6-speed MT and I'll take it!

Sorry, I'm not one for chrome or polished wheels.[;)]

Sorry if you mistook the 740il for a sports car. She is all about slowwww motion.....

That is, untill you drop that 6 speed auto down and open her up...

I love dusting "tuners" in that beast.... plus, no wobbles at 135mph!

The 740i has all the right ingredients to be a very fine and capable sports car actually, as do all BMWs.

BTW, my little MX-5 doesn't wobble either at 130mph. In fact, it's hugging the road quite well at those speeds.

The 740i has all the right ingredients to be a very fine and capable sports car actually, as do all BMWs.

BTW, my little MX-5 doesn't wobble either at 130mph. In fact, it's hugging the road quite well at those speeds.

I can't imagine an MX-5 feeling stable at 130mph (unless it's a straight line, dead straight), much less capable of running that speed for any real length of time. Sure it might be able to get there (eventually), but at that speed, the MX5 just has to start floating and feel light. Not Planted, no way.

It's been awhile, but I've driven a miata at speed. Was quite impressed with the vehicle, but it is no high speed cruiser or barn stormer like the 7 series. The 7 will run 130mph all day long without so much as a hick-up. Plus the 7 will do it carrying 4 adult passengers and full luggage, comfortably.

I'll catch hell for this, but corvettes use to trill me. I guess they do for most young testosterone junkies, but as time passed, I saw them more and more as a Red Neck or White Trash sports car. Todays Z06 is the first Corvette to stir my interest in a very long long time.