Name That Engine.....

Gilbert

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the greatest motors ever made in this country (and prettiest)...

Only assembled in this country, and the only reason for that is due to tax penalties imposed on the manufacture.

Otherwise, designed, and developed outside the US, but assembled in the US with an staggering number of foriegn engine parts, and linked to sensors, ECM and dash niceities with a wiring harness manufactured in Mexico.

CHOMPS,

What is that? It almost looks like a McLaren Merc.

54_1.JPG

[:)]

My gut tells me this is an Allison V-12.

Tom

Ummmm, no, but here's a hint or two: it weighs 3000 lbs., and it's a 1790 cid, 810 horsepower V12.

BTW: There are two of these babies in that picture.

This poker run boat has some serious engines. Saw the thing in person and OMG! You should hear the sound those motors make. BTW, the blower on those motors is not your typical 8-71 roots blowers but 10-71's!!!

http://www.arneson-industries.com/sorcerer.htm

And this boat has some amazing motors as well. Assuming you can find the boat in the photo. [6] Just click on the thumbnails.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-195.html

Tom

It's the business end of a Ford Saleen S7. Currently the hottest american made car.

Oh Man!!...That was a trick photo, anyother profile would have given it away. The S7 is a sweet car, design for one purpose only, and that was to let Steve use it in Manf. Class races, but Steve's S7 is not the hottest american made car.

That honor goes to the financially strapped Vector.

Here's a rearward shot. The poor bastard that started this company had more problems than you could imagine. I believe he was an areospace engineer that loved playing the stock market. Anyway, there are very few of these puppies out there. The good ones were from 2001 on, if I remember correctly.

0 - 60mph in about 2.5 sec.

1200+ bhp (twin turbo'ed version WX3).

260mph

post-12381-13819286620428_thumb.jpg

post-12381-1381929089695_thumb.jpg

post-12381-1381929485893_thumb.jpg

Vector has always been "financially strapped." The Saleen is actually made, sold and driven in the United States.

BTW, the S7, the Ford GT and Saleen Mustangs are assembled in SSV's new facility at 1225 East Maple Rd., Troy, MI. If you spent way too much of your hard earned paper route money on plastic model cars, like I did, that street address might have a familiar ring to it. AMT was located in the same building at 1225 East Maple Rd., Troy, Michigan.

"This year -- as Ford and GM close all or part of 26 factories and terminate several models"..... "on the plant hit list are factories that build low-volume but high-profile vehicles from Ford and Chevy, including the Ford GT and the Chevy SSR -- a retro-styled truck that was a favorite of GM executives. "

Details details...... sure you can buy one, I'm sure the local ford dealer would love to get $200,000 off his books.