How Much Snow Did You Get?

garymd

We got 22 inches just south of Baltimore. I went outside at noon and just came in after over 4 hours of back-breaking shoveling. I was able to use my little Toro snow-thrower for part of the driveway but the snow was just a little too deep and heavy in most areas. Even though we've cured our leaky basement by regrading the backyard and re-sealing the foundation, I still shovel most of the snow that accumulates around the foundation. I'm just a spaz about that.

I also lost about 10 big branches from the 100ft pine tree next to my driveway so I had to cut them up and drag to the side yard through the snow. Not happy about that.[:(] I barely saved some of my bigger azaleas before the weight of the snow got them.

Did I mention that my back is killing me?[:'(]

Did you New Yorkers/New Englanders get hit hard? I haven't watched any news yet.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am in Houston and its 57 deg. and clear blue skies. Caroline said it snowed about 3 to 4 inches west of Richmond and its in the upper 30's.

Its been hell at work today we pretty much didn't fly anything in the North East today and it really screwed up our planned maintenance schedule. But my back doesn't hurt just my head.............................

Steve

Snow? zero, none, nada.

It's 85 and clear as a bell here today. I have been outside all day listening to music, while playing basketball, baseball and Frisbee with my kids. We're getting ready to BBQ a couple tenderloin roasts and some baby back ribs. It can't get much better than this. Life is good here in So Cal! [;)] Very, very good. [:)]

56 here in Dallas, looking for 79 [ip] by Wednesday.

Second the motion for the snowblower. They are a lot of fun. I like the ones with a shield to keep the snow from blowing back at you. I lived in Michigan and Wyoming for the first 32 years of my life. Don't miss snow that much.