Changing Speaker Connectors

Bill H.

Why change them out Bill? Just get some crimp on Spade lugs for your diameter of speaker wire. If you want to make quick swaps (like I often do), make up some spade lug -> banana plug pigtails.

Nice score on the Rotel btw? Have you given it a listen yet? Do ya mind my asking how much $$ and how many watts you have there?

Michael

That's probably 40 REAL watts, kinda like the HK X30 series. I bet it'll whoop a modern receiver of '75' watts. Is it extraordinarily heavy for a receiver it's size and power? That's a very good thing.

Just did a close up on your photos. You've got phono input, tape loop, speaker fuses and PRE IN/OUT's (this is where you'd put a processor like an EQ or output to another power amp) VERY NICE!

What kinda systems you running now Bill? Did you ever get your HT receiver and 5.1 going?

M

Michael,

Still in love with my Old Creek MKII int amp. Running my RB 35's in the Living room and in my bedroom , running the NAD with some small RS Minimus 7 speakers. (little wonders!). I have booth

units connected to my computer-to play streaming audio [H]

I am seeing more talk and articles on the HDMI format-that scares me from buying a HT Receiver.

I am scared that the technologie will make it out dated......am I wrong?

Prices are coming down fast on some of the Models I had been looking to buy-so I am thankful

I have waited-so far!

He prefers vintage audio gear (kicking it old skool),

The cowbell phrase is in reference to a Saturday Night Live skit wherein Will Ferrell plays a deranged member of the band Blue Oyster Cult playing cowbell in a recording session of "Don't Fear the Reaper". He struts his stuff with his white paunchy belly hanging out of a way-too-tight t-shirt and his Jimi Hendrix perm bopping about.

The recording engineer is played by Christopher Walken who constantly stops the session to emerge from the booth demanding 'I THINK IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL'. Whereupon Ferrell proceeds to play in a more demonic manner with each new challenge.

It's one heck of a skit. The rest of the cast play a very believeable 70's rock band also.

Hence the phrase and BSBUTTON's new moniker.

How's that for a description, fellas?

Michael

He prefers vintage audio gear (kicking it old skool),

The cowbell phrase is in reference to a Saturday Night Live skit wherein Will Ferrell plays a deranged member of the band Blue Oyster Cult playing cowbell in a recording session of "Don't Fear the Reaper". He struts his stuff with his white paunchy belly hanging out of a way-too-tight t-shirt and his Jimi Hendrix perm bopping about.

The recording engineer is played by Christopher Walken who constantly stops the session to emerge from the booth demanding 'I THINK IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL'. Whereupon Ferrell proceeds to play in a more demonic manner with each new challenge.

It's one heck of a skit. The rest of the cast play a very believeable 70's rock band also.

Hence the phrase and BSBUTTON's new moniker.

How's that for a description, fellas?

Michael

Actually the "Cowbell" reference is two part. I leave it for JW Cullison to explain...and maybe even Rigma or Daddy Dee.

BS

Could it have anything to do with the Mississippi State Bulldogs? Go Dogs!

You bet it does! In fact is in reference to BULLDAWGS! The cowbell is a token sound and tradition there.

That mentality of the skit is no different than sitting in the student section of an MSU football game. Basically, doesn't really matter how well the bulldawgs are playing, it could always use more cowbell.

jc

Could it have anything to do with the Mississippi State Bulldogs? Go Dogs!

You bet it does! In fact is in reference to BULLDAWGS! The cowbell is a token sound and tradition there.

That mentality of the skit is no different than sitting in the student section of an MSU football game. Basically, doesn't really matter how well the bulldawgs are playing, it could always use more cowbell.

jc

Thread hi-jack, sorry. But, yes there is a big connection between Klipsch and the Mississippi State University Bulldogs. Professor Sheppard EE ran "Ideal Acoustics" in Starkville, MS. Introduced many of us to the Klipsch Heritage products. Here is an electronic K-700 Cowbell I made.

post-17434-13819281820866_thumb.jpg

"If you want to make quick swaps (like I often do), make up some spade lug -> banana plug pigtails. Michael"

Michael,

How is this done? Does it require something like: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=091-1140

Darn quote feature not working right. Probably because I am using IE 7.

Naw, keep it simple. One of the beauties of Dual Banana PLUGS is that they can be daisy chained into one another. So the same part that is usually thought of as a plug, is also a socket.

I made up a bunch of 3' cables that are either soldered ends or spade lugs that have Dual Banana Plugs on the other end. Then if all your speaker cables have Banana plugs, they can plug into each other. SO just use these

post-10755-1381928182272_thumb.jpg