Who has Cornscala pics and details??????

homemadeheresy

here ......

sweet aren't they ....

gotcher 811/ 902...

already installed ...

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. *drool* Super nice. 902's go plenty high for me - can't hear a sound over 17K. 2-way crossed at 1200hz, right?

Why did the 19's cross so high?

Stevebolt!!! I remember seeing that picture before and have been desperately trying to search this place for you & your speakers. I'm so glad you posted.

I've so wanted to talk to you....

Those are gorgeous! Gee - what is the size of that woofer? 18"?

What do you call a Corwall bass bin with an ALtec 811B or maybe even a 511 on top or in it's own separate top cabinet?

I think it's been done but don't know who. Now THAT would be an improvement. Why mess around with a klipsch horn & driver when superior units are available? If your going to modify a CW, go full throttle.

I think it would sound great and be a two way design to boot.

-Mark

I call it "AlCorn" or "boot in the chest" - 511b/902-16a horn and driver.

Pix to left. Purdy ain't it?[:-*] WAF loves the "gargoyles" perched on her walnut cabs.[;)] NOT. In daylight, it takes about two years for the bit*hing to cease. In candle light and at 118db, the girls tend to submit.[:o]

But as always and IMHO, Klipsch bass bins "only come out at night".

Regards,

Terry

here ......

sweet aren't they ....

gotcher 811/ 902...

already installed ...

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. *drool* Super nice. 902's go plenty high for me - can't hear a sound over 17K. 2-way crossed at 1200hz, right?

......."Why did the 19's cross so high?".......

'cause they didn't use the 511b? 'cause the woofer performed so well up in the mid-ranges?

Terry

here ......

sweet aren't they ....

gotcher 811/ 902...

already installed ...

......."Why did the 19's cross so high?".......

'cause they didn't use the 511b? 'cause the woofer performed so well up in the mid-ranges?

Terry

Both ...

are correct

Greg,

yep, thats an SVS sub. pc 20/39

Meagain,

Thank you for the kind words. The woofer is a Altec 515E 16" mounted on the front of the motorboard. You must have a good calibrated eye, because it is covered with an 18" embroidery hoop streched with grill cloth. That way I could have the "Decorator" look and still protect the driver from the cats and small projectiles launched by my kids.

Terry,

You are right, these were in a thread titled something like that a few years ago. Back then I wanted to show them off to all the people who helped me here at the forum. I still like to show off now and then so I post a pic when they are relevant to the conversation. Most of my friends don't appreciate my obsession, but I know you guys do.

-Dan

Stevebolt - Those are very cool looking. Must weigh a ton too. I'd like to see your decorator Heresy which I think you did yourself? OMG - The search engine's been down for over a month. Am I the only one who finds that utterly and completely incredulous?!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if I could take a La Scala top portion...(Split La Scala) And just take the La Scala bass lead speaker connection over to a Cornwall speaker... and bypass that network and unhook it from the Cornwall network and send it to the Cornwall bass speaker still in a Cornwall cabinet.

Basically, just use the top of the La Scala and put it on top of a Cornwall as an experiment?

Anything I should know just before I try this experiment? I do not see where it would hurt anything.

Or does a full signal need to go through a Cornwall crossover, too, for the bass to get processed right to the bass speaker? I did not know how much of a difference there is between the crossover bass signal used in a Cornwall crossover vs one used for the La Scala crossover. Or if the Cabinet is what really makes the difference in the better low end from Cornwalls. Not dumb, just ignorant of the real facts here...

I feel this might make a great experiment. I like the CornScala Idea.

I wonder if I could take a La Scala top portion...(Split La Scala) And just take the La Scala bass lead speaker connection over to a Cornwall speaker... and bypass that network and unhook it from the Cornwall network and send it to the Cornwall bass speaker still in a Cornwall cabinet.

Basically, just use the top of the La Scala and put it on top of a Cornwall as an experiment?

Anything I should know just before I try this experiment? I do not see where it would hurt anything.

Or does a full signal need to go through a Cornwall crossover, too, for the bass to get processed right to the bass speaker? I did not know how much of a difference there is between the crossover bass signal used in a Cornwall crossover vs one used for the La Scala crossover. Or if the Cabinet is what really makes the difference in the better low end from Cornwalls. Not dumb, just ignorant of the real facts here...

I feel this might make a great experiment. I like the CornScala Idea.

Guys,

My advice would be to take the Cornwall XO out of the cabinet. Use the terminals on the back of the Corn for the woofer

Place the Cornwall XO "on the other side" in the back of the lascala top section. Connect the la scala tweeter and mid to the Cornwall XO. Hook the Cornwall K33 to the Cornwall XO. Arrange the cabinets the way you want.

Guys,

My advice would be to take the Cornwall XO out of the cabinet. Use the terminals on the back of the Corn for the woofer

Place the Cornwall XO "on the other side" in the back of the lascala top section. Connect the la scala tweeter and mid to the Cornwall XO. Hook the Cornwall K33 to the Cornwall XO. Arrange the cabinets the way you want.

What JC said.

Pull the XO. Connect the K33 to the inside of the terminal on the CW back.

Having listened to a true CS, the extended distance from the center of the woofer to the center of the mid horn (CW bin/ big horn on top) might not the best way to go. The true CS was very tight. Could have been the room, but I doubt it. None the less, stick the Las top up there and you will get the idea. Even with a 600hz mid cross, I think that you will notice better LF than your Lascalas and better mids than your Corns.

tc