KLF 30's are sneaky little things.

billyjoe72

I don't normally search for Legend series but I will put my ear to the ground. Try a Google and Yahoo search for the KLF-30 sometimes buried a few pages in will be a link to a pair for sale.

I don't think they are very little though. Them things are BIG! [:)]

Thanks to both of you. Those 20's must have just came up. I've been searching audiogon. I have a set of 20's that would probably love to share duties with the those. I think I may give him a call. As far as the 30's being big. OH YEAH. I love my 20's. I can only imagine the 30's. Thanks guys.

toodles

There is a pair of KLF-30's on AudioGon as well for $350 obo in the NorthEast judging by the zip code. Ad states they aren't pretty but sound awesome. Not sure if you want fixer upper's but the price is right.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1146070527

I have had very good luck with AudioGon. I posted a WTB ad and that is what led me to my first pair of Klipschorn's, a pair of La Scala's, and a Velodyne subwoofer. Found my Belle's on AudioGon back in October.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! We agreed on a price and will most likely pick them up tomorrow. He is about an hour and a half away. Damn, I can't wait to hear 4 20's humming away.[:D][:)][:o][:o] More power, need more power. Thanks guys. I'm always too slow on things but I finally caught a fish. Cheers.

toodles

AWESOME!!!!![:D]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!![D]

I'M JEALOUS!!!!![6]

Let's see pics after you get them. If they were in Virginia, I would have bought them in a heartbeat! If I can get my hands on another pair of 20's or even 30's, I would sell my mint Chorus II's with upgraded crossovers.

Well, I got the 20's. By the time I had some help to carry them in the house it was too late to plug em in. So I figured I'd save it for a weekend project. They are in great shape. My next purchase has to be a better receiver. Right now I'm running an HK 200. I believe it is 75 watts two channel and 65 front 55 center and 25 rear in surround. Which I don't like the surround modes too well. The cerwin vega E315's I was using just aren't efficient enough to keep up with the 20's with only 25 watts. If I can unload the cerwins for $200-250 that would be good. I think my friend wants them for his barn. He already has a set. Either way, I can't wait to let them breathe. With the sub that I'm building in the powered subwoofer forum, it should be fairly audible to my neighbors.[:D] Any ideas on a receiver? Used would be best. I've been researching alot. I would like a denon. I have no desire for 7 channel. Would like the 5 channel stereo. 100 plus watt range. The 3805's just haven't dropped enough to pick one of those up. They are pretty though. ALMOST THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, my camera sucks.

toodles

post-17599-13819283808674_thumb.jpg

So is there a center channel in your future (or are you already in possession of one?)?... the KLF-C7 is quite a performer, and can be had on the used market for $300 - $350, if you look around for a while. I had one for about a year with my Fortes; the sound was terrific, but it just wasn't the match for them, so I worked at it until I scored an Academy.

I could just as easily imagine owning Legend -series speakers; I think they are voiced very naturally, a little more "in your face" than the Chorus-Forte-Quartet series, which my aging ears might eventually require.

Congratulations on your acquisition, and enjoy!

Thanks. I'm really excited about it. The gent I purchased them from was real nice. I made my own center out of a scrapped out klf10 I bought on ebay. I got the drivers and crossover for about $70 delivered. Spent a couple bucks on wood and it ROCKS!!! probably have about $90 in it. The only problem is that it's not shielded so I have to be careful where I put it if I decide to move the room around. Safe to say, I now have everything matched up nicely. Now I have to upgrade my source in dvd, cd and receiver.

toodles

Thanks. I'm really excited about it. The gent I purchased them from was real nice. I made my own center out of a scrapped out klf10 I bought on ebay. I got the drivers and crossover for about $70 delivered. Spent a couple bucks on wood and it ROCKS!!! probably have about $90 in it. The only problem is that it's not shielded so I have to be careful where I put it if I decide to move the room around. Safe to say, I now have everything matched up nicely. Now I have to upgrade my source in dvd, cd and receiver.

toodles

Score a tweeter/midrange/crossover for a klf 20 or 30 and you will have the ulitmate center for your system. Not that the KLF 10 is shabby at all, but you would then have perfectly matched speakers. I built one when you bought the very parts of which you speak before I could!!!! Yes, I remember those parts!! I was so mad at myself for falling asleep at the wheel on those things that I bought all new drivers and crossover and built a KLF 20 center. Congrats on your Legends. I absolutely love mine.