Lately I'm listening to the music, not my system.

jpm

How sweet it is. It's fun to talk about our equipment, but I hope it's not at the expense of the music. Nothing is perfect in this old world, including our 2 channel rigs. I've put together the best system I can justify for now, and am relishing in the good music and vibes I hear and feel. Hope y'all feel the same.

I think that's the best attitude. I contently had my same set-up for 20 years. I only recenly acquired KHorns. They're good - but not "must haves." I could have gone to my grave with my Corns and still have been plenty happy. Comparing all of our stuff on the Forum is what can cause excessive pressure to change something. Kind of like what a person would experience if they went to a Rolex forum, even though their Timex has faithfully served them well.

I heard a more pleasing pre-amp, but mine is okay with me, and it's paid for. I might make a change if I found something at a ridiculously low price - like 10 - 20 cents on the dollar, but that would be about it. Other than that, I'm real happy.

I like your attitude.

Thanks for the encouraging words Jeff. I think many of us get caught up in this hobby and tinker and fiddle incessantly. That's ok... that's what makes a hobby worthwhile and fun. I'm afraid I'm just not serious enough to delve much deeper into the 2 channel world than I am now. That's ok too. :)

The smoother and more accurate the in-room frequency response, the more attention the music commands and the home movie and music reproduction system doesnt: I am once again a long way from the flat and smooth<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Lately I have been spending time with you guys, listening to music on the computer system. In the office I enjoy the music beacause I know the system is nowhere near perfect. Every now and then I run into a piece music that for whatever reason I just have to hear on the "Big" system. It's then that I will walk away from the computer and fire up the real deal. Then I just dissaper into the tunes.

Dan