Anyone interested in a Central Texas or a Texas Klipsch Gathering?

jbsl

Clarence I apologize!! I did not realize you misunderstood my sarcasm and believed Austin really has 600,000 radio stations.

If any other of my posts confuse you please let me know and I will clarify whatever you do not understand.

As far as the name calling, never mind.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for now. I'll drag my son-in-law from Kyle with me (he has a

pair of utility Hereseys he inherited that look like electric space

heaters).

I'm planning on going to the Hope Klipsch Pilgrimage in mid-June, so this could be a good warm-up!

• Moderators

Well, dang. I have spinal fusion surgery scheduled for the end of May, but Marie just said she would be glad to drive me up, if ya'll wouldn't mind an otherwise healthy Klipsch audiophile. If I'm feeling ok, I would really like this.

I'll bring up a couple of light weight amps -- the Teacs. [:)]

Erik

Only if you bring your dog to meet my dog.[:D]

"Well, dang.  I have spinal fusion surgery scheduled for the end of May, but Marie just said she would be glad to drive me up, if ya'll wouldn't mind an otherwise healthy Klipsch audiophile.  If I'm feeling ok, I would really like this

I'll bring up a couple of light weight amps -- the Teacs. :)"

Erik,

Should have a Physical Therapist in attendance...no problem.

Regarding the flame war, I would imagine it would be better to be a douchebag in Texas than a (your message here) in Michigan...

After all, South Park is fun to watch but do we have to imitate it in real life?

Rudest people you've ever seen. You cant take stuff personal.

I'm not taking anything personally. I'm not quite sure i understand your point regarding the link though. By my quote in the post you can tell that I am willing to have some fun, but we can't do it here on the forum without getting banned dagnabbit. I still would rather be a douchebag in Texas (you should check out the gals here) than a dildo in Michigan. OK I said it and it was *****ed out! Interesting that douchebag is OK but dildo isn't.....in case anyone is wondering, think of a sour pickle as the first syllable and what you make bread out of as the second.

I agree with Clarence everybody needs to calm down and relax. We do not need a us against them war we are all here for the same reason, Klipsch speakers!

I was called a lot worse when I was a 10 year old gringo and moved to Laredo on the border and met the local boys.

Now back to the original posting
The date has not officially been picked yet but we will try and pick the date that fits the majority of peoples schedules.

So the temporary date for now is June 3-4(Sat-Sun). As we get a better idea of who can come and the location we can then pick the final date.

• Moderators

I agree with Clarence everybody needs to calm down and relax. We do not need a us against them war we are all here for the same reason, Klipsch speakers!

I was called a lot worse when I was a 10 year old gringo and moved to Laredo on the border and met the local boys.

Now back to the original posting

The date has not officially been picked yet but we will try and pick the date that fits the majority of peoples schedules.

So the temporary date for now is June 3-4(Sat-Sun). As we get a better idea of who can come and the location we can then pick the final date.

I am good for those dates, and if we want to do it in Austin I can host.

Travis

Hey Travis great post on your VRDs!! I'm looking forward to hearing them!! Thanks for the offer to host this thing!!

I'll shoot you a email about some details.

Anyone else who might want to come just post a maybe and I'll send emails to everyone about the when and where.

Those dates are good for me, esp. if we meet in Austin. I can bring a beat up pair of 1980 Heresys. Would we be swapping amps around too? I've got a pair of stock Bottlehead Paramours (2A3 Parafeed) that I could bring. I've ordered the iron upgrade for them. Not sure it'd be installed by then but you never know.

Martin.

I'll get my son-in-law in Kyle to bring his Hereseys (he inherited them from an

uncle who had them in a bar in Dallas for years... complete with

anti-beer bottle grill covers), and we can have an "ugly speaker"

contest! :-)

Sure bring the speakers, amps, preamps, etc! That's the whole point of this thing Klipsch speakers, equipment and meeting local(Texas) forum members.

Travis offered to host it so I sent him a email to go over the details and verify some things with him.

So once I hear from him I will make his place, Austin, TX, and the weekend of June 3-4 the official statement.

Also don't forget to bring everyones favorite albums. Might want to narrow it down to 5 of your favorite best recorded albums. That way everything we listen to will be the best recorded music. No reason to waste time with albums that may be good or even great music but poorly recorded.

Once we have a list of people who are coming we can make a list of equipment and speakers people can bring.

VRDs and other good tube amps, maybe a Peach or Blueberry and any other good tube preamps, maybe a good tube cd player, I have a Luxman int I use as a preamp that I'm bringing and other good solid state amps, preamps, might bring my Moondogs to compare to the Paramours.

Next month I will make maps and directions for everyone coming from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or any other direction.