Best live concert performances

Kriton

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice - as a result of this thread I have ordered quite a few of the suggestions, thanks!

Sounds like I have to buy this Floyd - Pulse recording, if they ever release it, sounds great...

I just listened to The Who -Live at Royal Albert Hall, and I was a bit disappointed. The voices just get real ragged toward the end and the recoding is the typical over-saturated loud stage show. Nice memories though.

I have said this before in other threads, so you will ahve to forgive me, but one of my all time favorite live albums (if you are into opera) is Leonard Warren - Live in Russia, I don;t know if you can even find this in print any more, but it is an excellent recording that has stood the test of time well.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

K

That Royal Albert Hall was a little disappointing as you stated,but if Live Who is what you want, try, The Who Live at Leeds. Great performance, original release was a little on the short side, but, the remastered disc adds more songs.Young guys, young band, a good look (listen) at a band on the move. They never reached the fame they deserved,Tommy was not their best work, yet, that's what most remember.Funny, I have become,"the old man", the Who used to sing about;"What a long strange trip it's been!"

Is this thread about the best live performance you have seen , or the best recording dvd , cd or otherwise ?

Best recordings of live performances.........

Well I have a nice collection of music DVD's . By far the best one is the Alison Krauss Union Station Live ! The picture and audio quality is the best I have seen !!! Chances are that if you come to my place you will get a good dose of it ...

And Willy has the wife & I to thank for that. [;)] [:)] BTW Willy, we were just watching that DVD last night. Man.....what great sound. Hey - I'll listen to yours if you'll listen to mine. [:)]

But he's right, AKUS did a superb job with that DVD both from an audio and video standpoint. The CD and SACD of that concert came out over a year before the DVD and the delay, as I head it, was that AKUS wanted to make sure it was the best they could produce so they took their sweet time. Anyhow......

I think the audio on Sade's Lovers Live DVD is very very good.

I also think Boz Scaggs' Greatest Hits Live was recorded very well.

Ok.....so the recording on Red Hot Chili Peppers' Live at Slane Castle is a B+, their performance makes it an A. [;)]

Alas......I'm saddened by the fact that Stevie Ray Vaughn departed this world before our wonderful recording technology could capture his live performance. [:(] [:(] I have absolutely, positively no idea how to play a guitar (and probably too chicken to ever learn) and even less knowledge of all the electronics that are used. But I'm just completely mesmerized when I watch the DVD's I have of him.

Tom