rc-64 reference series center, is it any good, there are no reviews anywhere

marinerules

Hello,

If you own a pair of the RF7s you owe it to yourself to go to your nearest Klipsch dealer and listen to the RF83s. I owned a pair of RF7s for about four months to harsh for my ears with a Aragon 2007 and a Parasound C2, the Parasound 2205 amp I had did not sound any better with the RF7s at my house, Nobody likes to hear about the newest sounding better including myself. My ears and wallet just accept it . I sell the old or set them out at the curb for trash day like the forum member from Beaumont Texas is going to do.Thats is what we do here in Texas. The neighbor kids love me and own some fine speakers. I am getting ready for a long hot summer and ordered a pair of 83s a 64 center and a pair of 62s for the rears.

Take Care,

rmlowz

Too bad they're gone, a 99 cent resistor (from parts express) installed on the HF board would have tamed the harshness and saved you an expensive upgrade.

It sounds like the audiophiles are uniting. [;)] I have owned my RF-7's for over 2 years and will listen to the RF-83's. I don't doubt they are a quality speaker. The comment, "If you are an audiophile you will without a doubt upgrade and rid yourself of -RF-7's," needed at least a response from someone who has enjoyed the hobby for 20+ years and own RF-7's. IMO, if the RF-7's sounded harsh with an Aragon 2007 and Parasound equipment, I wouldn't even consider a horn (tweeter) speaker.

Hello,

tkdamerica, as far as horns go I own the THX Ultar II system and they are as nuetral as it gets. My ears tell me that the 83s are close to the 650s but a much bigger soundstage. When you go listen to the 83s I beleive you will agree that horn does not sound anything like the RF7 horn. In my opinion a much more neutral speaker. To the forum member in Beaumont I hope he left that 99 cent part in his RF7s when he put them out on the curb for trash day.

rmlowz

Good morning rmlowz,

If the RF-83's sound more like the THX ultra II system (with a bigger sound stage) than the upper end Reference system I own then I definitely want to hear the complete new Reference HT. I was ready to purchase the Klipsch THX Home Theater but after hearing them on 4 occasions (including at Klipsch HQ last year) I didn't like them as much as my HT even if they were comparable in price, much less 3 times more expensive (as what I paid for my "9.2" system listed below). Thanks for sharing your opinion. [:)]

I don't agree that the RF-83 sounds anything like the THX system. I personally love my RF-7 and i have had them now for 4 years. I have done countless side by side comparisons in my store and could not really say anything bad about either one.I never thought the 7's sounded harsh at all .

I do have to say i agree that the RF-83'S sound more natural not flat.A FLAT speaker

is a boring speaker.I think Klipsch is the BEST speaker manufacture. I personally push KLIPSCH because i believe in them and love that there the most lively sounding speaker around. I do think that the RF-83 is the better all around speaker. I LOVE THE RS-62's