Klipsch Tangents

I was at a friends house last night who had a pair of Klipsch Tangents. They were hooked up to a sonic impact amp and sounded good.

When were these made?

I need a small pair of speakers, smaller than Heresys, for an office. Any suggestions?

Chris

PS - my K horns are all packed up and ready to ship and man do I miss them. I didn't realize it would be this bad and it has only been a week.

Tangents were made around the mid-80's. Here in my office, I've got a small pair of Nohrs in place.

PS - my K horns are all packed up and ready to ship and man do I miss them. I didn't realize it would be this bad and it has only been a week.

So does that mean you've sold them???

Chris what are you using now for speakers?

I am using a set of JBL L100T's that I just had the woofers re-foamed and I went through the crossovers. These are going upstairs in a workout rom and I will then be using a pair of Magnaplanars. I am planning on moving my Belles in here as the next temporary fix. Ultimately I will be using a pair of speakerlab bass bins in my False corners, Altec 511B's with JBL 2470's and JBL Baby cheeks, all triamped. It should be sweet and a considerable upgrade over the K Horns, but it will be a while.

Chris

They weren't the best thing that ever came out of the Klipsch system. I bought a pair in a pawn-shop for less than $100 and I was robbed.

I heavily modded mine with Heresy crossovers and mids, making them a three-way system. The bass is heavy and boomy and unpredictable from note to note.

The short production run should tell you all you need to know.

In a word -- don't.

DRBILL