What's up with the search engine?

Parrot

Maybe if we all threatened to boycott the Forum, changes would be made? I can start the strike.

With your current status with the powers that be I think you writing and saying you love the current search engine might do more to get it upgraded [:)]

• Moderators

Well, we can shut down the forum completely until we have a chance to update the software, or we can leave the search engine the way it is.

Really, guys, the complaining about this is a little much. We got the message. We're working on it. Thank you Paul for bringing it back up. Feel free to boycott the forum until we fix it.

Remember when we first did the migration and the forum kept locking up and it took days to fix? That was because of the search function. Turns out the software upgrade that we've been waiting for does not correct this problem, so we are now working on our own solution.

Thank you for the update Amy, it is appreciated. As you know some of us are as subtle as a two by four over the head when it comes to making our points. [:)]

There is a lot of great information in past posts and it is a shame when it can't be easily accessed. It helps both the new members and some of the oldtimers as well.

Well, we can shut down the forum completely until we have a chance to update the software, or we can leave the search engine the way it is.

Really, guys, the complaining about this is a little much. We got the message. We're working on it. Thank you Paul for bringing it back up. Feel free to boycott the forum until we fix it.

Remember when we first did the migration and the forum kept locking up and it took days to fix? That was because of the search function. Turns out the software upgrade that we've been waiting for does not correct this problem, so we are now working on our own solution.

Can I read minds or what LMAO !!!!!

"There is a lot of great information in past posts and it is a shame when it can't be easily accessed. It helps both the new members and some of the oldtimers as well. "

I think a lot of that is simply the google search is only looking at the new forums address. Anything posted under the old address is doesn't even look at.

It looks like the old forum isn't even online anymore (old URL no longer brings up the old message) so it couldn't be searched either way.

Shawn

Using google, I stumbled on this post by ben over at audioasylum, who missed me terribly, it seems. Looks like he associates low power amps with intelligence; go figure. I think a "jackhole" is a kind of rabbit?

• Posted by
bclarke421 (A) on April 20, 2005 at 22:20:17

In Reply to: Re: Using a SE with Klipsch Heresy posted by sberger on April 2, 2005 at 08:40:38:

Well, I wouldn't say there's a consensus with regard to anything over there. We can find something to argue about no matter what. Folks that like low power amps have pretty well left the Klipsch forum in disgust. Too bad, really.

There are still plenty of intelligent guys posting there, it's just that they tend to prefer more headroom. At least that jackhole paulparrot hasn't been around lately!!

ben.

Paul you must be flattered.

On second thought, I think I'll just have to stay put until I make sure the Search function is fixed.