Target sells Bose

CAS

These stores seem to differ throughout the country in their socio-economic target audience. Those in my area are quite nice, almost luxurious (the Walmarts in the area are just oversized Goodwills. ack). Nevertheless, they're now selling Bose components. Maybe it's new to my market.

It's interesting to note that these systems are selling right next to no-name store brands that sell for hundreds less.

I was just at Target this morning and saw there display. Our Target had a loud display in the isle playing a loud marketing pitch stating something like "Introdusing a brand new way to experiance your ipod using bose"!!! I immediately thought about the dumbing down of audio articles when I saw that.

JM

I think Bush's top domestic policy advisor, Claude Allen, used to shop there. (Before he got caught stealing.) A Bose home theater system is one of the more than $5,000 worth of items he boosted. Bushies have no taste.

James

oh jeez, another freakin Democrat with nothing better to do. Post on some CBS/Dan Rather forum, you'll have more support.

Bose purposely wants to market next to no name quality speakers as bad

as I want to say bose is, it is still better than any cheap htib is,

well some of them. I mean put the bose next to a speaker that distorts

and the only distortion you get is the thought that the bose is the

best speaker out there.

From a business point of view, I say BIG thumbs up to Target.

Most of the people that shop there are stupid, middle and upper class

soccer mom's with 10 MPG SUV's and all they care about is being cool

and trendy. Selling some high-dollar, high-markup products like

this will probably do very well and have a positive impact on the

companies bottom line.

Most of the people that shop there are stupid, middle and upper class soccer mom's with 10 MPG SUV's and all they care about is being cool and trendy. Selling some high-dollar, high-markup products like this will probably do very well and have a positive impact on the companies bottom line.

My Suburban gets 15 mpg. My wife's Yukon XL gets 16 mpg. my son plays Pop Warner football and AAU Travel basketball, no soccer. She is not stupid, I am. I buy too much Klipsch.

I insist on having at least one SUV in my garage to accompany my sedan,

and love it. Not everybody wishes to drive a small econobox

everywhere.

When you grow up and have a family, you'll understand how having a

large vehicle capable of lugging lots of crap around can be very

useful. In many situations, it's a must.

Most of the people that shop there are stupid, middle and upper class soccer mom's with 10 MPG SUV's and all they care about is being cool and trendy. Selling some high-dollar, high-markup products like this will probably do very well and have a positive impact on the companies bottom line.

That's a pretty unfair statement about people who shop at Target. Plenty of honest, hardworking, intelligent people shop there, including soccer moms, who happen to drive SUV's. If they chose to buy Bose products, So What? You don't have to, you buy what you like, don't you? What a great country we live in that we have the freedom to buy whatever you want, from whoever you want, whenever you want to buy it. If everyone wanted to buy Klipsch speakers, there probably wouldn't be any left for us to buy, no comparisions to make to other speakers, and all music would sound the same. That doesn't sound like such a bad idea!

Wow, you guys need to have a sense of humor.

I worked there for almost 2 years, so I can say what I want [:P]

What is humorous about calling people stupid!!Just because you worked there does not give you the right to do that! You are entitled to your opinion, but calling people stupid, is not a nice thing to do, because they don't buy the same things as you do. I think they call it CHOICE!

^^^ I rest my case ^^^

This is the same forum that calls people stupid, foolish, misinformed, etc. for buying Bose or other stuff.

I made a general tongue and cheek statement, I did not single someone out, nor was I trying to 'offend' anyone. Sheesh!

I also remember some choice phrases being traded over people who shop at Wal*Mart, and they were not pretty.