Heresy VS forte

Morton

Hi Forum

I have been noticing that Heresy's are going for more money on average than the Forte's on ebay.

Why is this?? From what I know of both speakers it seems(to me) that the Forte is a much stronger and dynamic speaker. The Heresy appears much more loved though. Hmmmm.....

Maybe it's the size. Maybe homeowners like the smaller guy. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?

Bob

Although Heresys are great for their size and match up in a HT setup with other Heritage, they can't keep up with the Forte in a head-to-head matchup in a two-channel setting. I suppose if you're deciding on a pair for 2-channel or to build a Legend series HT, Fortes are the clear winner and a bargain these days.

That said, are you interested in a beautiful pair of '72 Zebrawood Decorator Heresys?[:D]

Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting though....since I am a ebay fanatic, I Have noticed that speakers seem to swing in momentum..at least as far as cost goes. Right now-the Fortes are a bargain.

Zebrawood Heresy's - Wow. Not yet, as I am not sure what direction I am going in. I just purchased a Denon AVR-2106 and I don't know what matches with it the best. I have KG3's as my main speakers and am going to use them as rears. The Fortes's or even Quartets would probably be a good match for them .

Though, one of these days I will probably have some Heresy's.

I have a tube amp in the basement with my KG4's and that settup is like candy.....

Bob

When was the Forte last produced? The Heresy is still part of the

Heritage Series being produced today. The Forte is a very nice speaker, as is any Klipsch speaker, but E-spay prices are way to high.$500. on up to land a pair of them, never mind out of this world price to ship those bad boys.I listened to Fortes, liked them, listened to new H2's, bought them. One must be careful buying from e-spay, you get what you pay for.

Have you seen those Zebrawood Heresys? Fine looking devils!

Not yet. Some lucky soul will eventually decide they're missing the opporunity of a lifetime![;)]

Actually, I've just been too busy to ebay them. With prices the way they are, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get quite a bit more then I offered them for here.

Not yet. Some lucky soul will eventually decide they're missing the opporunity of a lifetime![;)]

Actually, I've just been too busy to ebay them. With prices the way they are, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get quite a bit more then I offered them for here.

bump the thread with the listing... cant hurt!

How do they sound VS a ported speaker? Obviously not as good if they stopped making them....

For all intents and purposes they sound very similar. PR's are better on paper, but they are also more expensive. The design tradeoffs for "high" tuning points (40-60Hz) aren't as significant as the tradeoffs for "low" tuning points (20Hz)....basically you will see more PR's on subwoofers than you will see floorstanding speakers.

As far as heresy versus forte....it's a no brainer to go with fortes - they're cheaper and sound better. The reason people pay so much for heresies is because they are hoping to achieve closer timbre matching with their other heritage speakers, which places the demand slightly higher (thus driving the price up). The forte's are going to be a much closer match to the KG speakers you already own.

How do they sound VS a ported speaker? Obviously not as good if they stopped making them....

For all intents and purposes they sound very similar. PR's are better on paper, but they are also more expensive. The design tradeoffs for "high" tuning points (40-60Hz) aren't as significant as the tradeoffs for "low" tuning points (20Hz)....basically you will see more PR's on subwoofers than you will see floorstanding speakers.

As far as heresy versus forte....it's a no brainer to go with fortes - they're cheaper and sound better. The reason people pay so much for heresies is because they are hoping to achieve closer timbre matching with their other heritage speakers, which places the demand slightly higher (thus driving the price up). The forte's are going to be a much closer match to the KG speakers you already own.

And they still make the Heresy

Thanks for all the feedback on the Forte's and the Heresy's guys.

I believe a pair of Forte's will match my KG3's for home theater. with the 3's in the back. The Kg3's always amaze me....but it's time to settle in on threeway design and see what I'm missing.

And yes - I will probably buy a pair of Heresy's too. I can probably pay around $350 for Heresy's and $400 for Forte's. {Decent condition}
If anyone has a pair within 250miles of Harford, Ct. Please let me know.

BobLMorton7@aol.com

Thanks for all the feedback on the Forte's and the Heresy's guys.

I believe a pair of Forte's will match my KG3's for home theater. with the 3's in the back. The Kg3's always amaze me....but it's time to settle in on threeway design and see what I'm missing.

And yes - I will probably buy a pair of Heresy's too. I can probably pay around $350 for Heresy's and $400 for Forte's. {Decent condition}

If anyone has a pair within 250miles of Harford, Ct. Please let me know.

BobLMorton7@aol.com

Don't want to rain on your parade, BUT I don't think you're going to find Heresy's for $350, or Forte's for $400, especially the Forte's. I searched the New England and N.Y. area and those are really unrealistic prices, maybe from a friend or forum member, not on the open market. I believe there is a pair of Heresy's on the forum for $350. and free shipping. You won't find a better deal than that, but it is a forum member selling them.Forte's are atleast $500. a pair without shipping.Anyway, Good Luck on your search, hope you find what you want.

If you want to be different look at those Zebrawood Heresy's, I think they are One of a Kind, and there are pictures still on the forum. I forget what topic they are listed under, but they are still there.