Any DFW folks interested in getting together?

arthurs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DOH!

Hey Art, is it OK if I bring a good friend with me? Just one, he is cool, I will vouch for him.

He can also help me lug speakers up stairs...hehe!

Later guys, looking forward to it...I tried to PM Shadimar but I

haven't herad from him...if anyone knows how to get Jeff, tell him to

come!

K

Bring a friend K, no sweat here. Our little group is growing. David (tkdamerica) is also in for the festivities. I guess that's more backs to lug the speakers...[:D]

Be sure and bring some discs guys, usually one of the best parts of these is finding new music you've nevere heard before...

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the invite Art. [:)]

I will be driving in from Denton and can help load speakers if anyone needs a hand. I also have a couple of portable 2 wheelers (130 lb limit). I wasn't planning on bringing any audio equipment, but can bring a pair of Klipsch RB-75 bookshelf speakers if someone wants to hear them. Let me know if any of these things are needed. I look forward to seeing everyone.

I would like to thank Art for inviting this multi channel fellow to my first 2 channel event. I remembering listening to "Stereo" as a younger guy but it was nothing like what I was privileged to listen to yesterday. We listened to DVD-A, Sacd, and redbook cd's on Art's Dunlavy speakers and Seadog's Cornwalls which he was nice enough to lug over. It was the first time I had ever heard tube amps (see Arthurs profile) and it sounded sweet.

My initial impressions were different than what I thought since returning home and listening to my system. At first I compared apples to apples speaker-wise. I played my RF-7's in two channel mode with some of the material I heard at Art's. It sounded good, but nowhere near as dynamic as either the Cornwalls or the Dunlavys ( I am sure my room and electronics also had something to do with it). I then included my subwoofers with my mains and then the smile returned to my face. I couldn't help myself. I put everything back in multi channel mode and let 'er rip. [:)]

I now understand the passion of 2 channel aficionados, although with my listening habits I won't be getting rid of any speakers. I also see why Fish misses DFW. Not only was Arthurs a gracious host, the other participants were fun to be with and brought some great (along with a few interesting) listening material. My only regret was that the neighbor didn't come over and enjoy the music.[;)] Have a good week fellows.

Art!

I enjoyed it as usual, those Dunlavy's are smooth as glass man - I have

done some research on the Epiphany's and I want to hear them badly!

I still want to talk to SeaDog about his Cornwalls, but if those Duns

ever became available, I might just have to spring for those boys

too... I won't have room to breathe for the speakers; I am

starting to sound like Colter!

Great time, thanks alot -

K

Guys - It was fun as usual, really enjoyed the Corn's and the Heresy's, thanks for the extra effort to bring them. I did find myself wanting for some Japanese Techno this morning, but it passed....[:P]

K - If I ever do decide to sell the Dun's I will give you first shot at them, but that will be a tough decision I hope not to have to make anytime soon.

We'll have another gathering when the Epiphany's come in, should be something very different....

Thanks again to all who made the trek...I'll invite the neighbor directly next time!!!!

I had a heck of a good time, and Art was a great host (as usual). The Dunlavy - Cornwall comparison was fun, and each speaker has its strengths. The cone midrange of the Duns really made the vocals sound smooth, and I think I could listen for hours to them with no risk of listener fatigue. But, for realism and that in-your-face live sound, the Corns had the advantage. (I think the "perfect" set up would be both pairs with an A/B switch to select the speaker best suited for the recording and the mood of the listener).

But let's not forget the electronics; the Dodd preamp and amps sounded incredible with both speaker types (cones and horns). And the Lite DAC60 tube DAC was impressive. I don't think I've heard CDs sound better than on Art's system. Sitting in the sweet spot in Art's spacious listening room is a real treat.

Thanks again to Art for a fine Texas Sunday afternoon get together! I hope to see all of you guys in Hope this June.

Here are a few photos from the event.

Left to right. My Cornwall IIs, Art's Dunlavy's, Kriton's Heresy IIs, Art's awesome electronics gear.

post-14182-13819286517508_thumb.jpg

post-14182-1381929079823_thumb.jpg

post-14182-1381929476347_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics and again for bringing the Corns by, I totally agree with you, having both in the room would be ideal. Believe me, the thought crossed my mind Sunday and a few times since....better move on those Corn's quickly Kriton....

Believe it or not, the DAC60 took a big leap and got even better yesterday. I had been hunting down some hard to find Amperex 6922 Gold Pins with D-getters and they finally arrived. As good as it was, it moved into a whole other world when I rolled those in, really something.

Enjoyed it, we'll have another one soon!

Hey Art,

I left my crappy speaker wire over there, thought about it on the way home, but wanted ya'll to have something -

Hold onto it for me, not in any great hurry, maybe see how the

Epiphanys like that low end wiring stuff?? By the way, I saw the

suggested price on those??? We need to talk...

K