Bose is top luxury brand, interesting article

CAS

Coytee!! Alright, I'm here to back you up.

Even though I'm now a diabetic the memories of Graeters have never ended. My favorite is still Double Chocolate Chip. First time I ever had it it was in a sugar cone at the Western Hills Plaza and I swear some of those chips were bigger than a gold ball.[:o]

Back 30 years ago when I was looking to buy my turntable I had never heard of B&O. I studied their material and recognized the integration of the stylus, cartrige, arm, and table as an excellent no-comprimise engineering approach to design. I did not know that B&O was an exclusive fancy brand or anything, although it was about three times more expensive (and the cartridge/stylus was very expensive). What I got was a fine record player that is still my only source for music. Even with SET and LaScalas I find no need to upgrade. It has performed perfectly without a hitch for 30 years and I will enjoy it for as long as it keeps going.

I am not so familiar with much of B&O's other stuff (some of it, and especially some of the recent stuff seems a little flaky), but of all the mechanical-electrical things I have purchased in my whole life, my turntable has been the most satisfying and amazing performer. Maybe I was lucky and hit them during their Golden Age or something.

Re: coytee and the chocolate chip product: I am firmly in the camp of Jimmy Kimmel when it comes to Oprah. She should be opposed at every possible moment. Everyone here should pray to their preferred deity that she never gets on TV and talks about what a great sound and a great deal for the money used Klipsch Heritage are. When she announced her retirement years ago, I thought the world was safe once more, but alas, the devil's work is never finished.

Regarding luxury products in general, Jaguar comes to mind. Back in the day everyone knew you were rich in a Jag because you owned two--one to drive while the other was in the shop.

BOSE have a great marketing team... here is another survey

showing consumer opinions of them... Top right is maximum brand trust

and potential while bottom left is

minimal brand trust and potential. Microsoft is a little more to

the

left... BTW.

Apple, Bose, Dell tops in consumer electronics brand trust

You can see on how consumer views are independant of the engineering behind the products.

ROb

post-11489-1381928459597_thumb.jpg