Just brought a mobile 7 speaker Bose system

jacksonbart

That is one of the best looking stereo systems I have ever seen!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please do not tell me that you and the spouse christened the hood of that gorgeous baby I could not handle the jealousy.

Sproutnick, you are too cruel.[H]

Sweet-looking ride. I used to own a '68 T-Top Coupe. Knowing accidents happen, I would be prone to wrapping that pole with some sponge-rubber as it looks like a "door-magnet" to me! [;)]

You mentioned wax: Please check out the polish I have used for about 8 years. Nothing seems to beat it and I am not affiliated with it in any way. This is an honest recommendation: http://www.zainostore.com/ Just follow their instuctions for use under "tips and tricks" and you will be amazed at the results! What they say in there about using 100% cotton cloth is true. Email me if you have any questions. Here is an example of how Zaino made my Ford Freestyle shine the day I brought it home from the dealers:

post-10177-1381928641122_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819290697174_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381929466436_thumb.jpg

Nice. I work at a Chevy dealership. We have one just like that in the showroom. Lovely. Is yours the automatic/paddleshift or standard. If I bought a Corvette (non Z06) I would get the automatic. It's a mite quicker. Congratulations! That red is a cop magnet. Edit: Also, I would suggest a polymer-based paint sealant rather than wax. Polymer lasts longer and feels better. And apply it by hand. And no circular motions either. I was taught to apply the sealant the same direction the wind travels over the car (I mean front to back, not side to side). Trust me, I was a detailer for a while.

I have an LT3, A6 w/ cash interior and transparent top. Can you recomend a brand name on the polymer that I can look at?

Thanks

jacksonbart...www.corvetteforum.com...best info...great car...www.zainobros.com for paint protection...enjoy...BAH!...Bill

Thank you, I actually have been lurking there for the past year to gain info, your right, like this place one can learn a lot about the respective subjects.

Driving around Hong Kong with the steering wheel on the wrong side must be a challenge. Anyway, enjoy it and please, please, please drive safely.

Thanks to everone for the nice words. That picture is a great reminder to me that I am not Mario Andretti or Mario Lanza for that matter. When ever I start feeling too confident in my or the car's abilities I simply log on and look at the pictures on http://www.wreckedexotics.com/corvette/. Think I got that website from Picky a while back. Consequently I have not driven it above 10 mph. Sunday was gorgeous here so my wife and I went out for a drive with roof off.

Mid-life crisis, Luxury Red Sports Car, Bose products,seems like all the stuff people on this forum were just blasting for being High-end, 40 to 60 year old boys trying to re-live their youth. You old dog you, all kidding aside, ENJOY the vette! You only go around once, and why not enjoy it. The difference is KIDS, can't afford it, won't respect it, and on the whole, have done nothing to deserve it. That Corvette is a serious piece of equipment that needs to be respected, not beaten, cared for, and not abused. There are also many clubs to join, and new people to meet, if you want to.My only fear for you right now is that you might get to like that Bose stuff, and you would no longer be part of the forum. What do the folks in Hong Kong think of those wheels? By the way, Mothers makes great products for cars, fine waxes, and really, their products are top shelf at better prices than other products mentioned. Do you get a lump in your throat when you drive the Vette?

Thank you. My wife and I are DINKs. As a kid I always liked corvettes and for that matter the American cars. I only brought a Maxima in 2001 after a bad experience with a 1997 Olds 88. Yes I brought an Old mobile 88 new, but at a good price. This was my first venture back, surprised my wife and myself when I bit the bullet and did it after researching for a year. My wifes boss actually has owned one or two for the past 20 years as well as a college buddy has a 71 from his father.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For my Dad it was a Datsun 280, remember riding in the hatch area hitting my head against the glass as he took corners laughing with my older sister who was in the passenger seat, but hey that was the late 70s (no reason to point out the dangers). In terms of a mid life crisis I am going to be 35 this November, but I am losing my hair, so that what I tell people who know. There is no chance from an economic or emotional standpoint that buying one of these cars will be a regular occurrence as it is with many Corvette fans. I plan on keeping this one for a while. Not a chance the Bose replaces my Klipsch set up in the finished basement. I know its not the best set up (in Klipsch terms) but it makes me very happy and cannot compare to any system I have heard in a car. I should probably look at getting after market speakers but I have time and my expectations for the car are nowhere near what I would expect in a dedicated room.

Up to 300 miles now and yes lump in the throat is a good pretty accurate. I am very happy driving it but nervous, like being on a date with a really hot babe in high school. I will score sooner or later and it will eventually become old hat/comfortable, but until then be respectful to the parents and pay for everything.

I actually just used some Mothers this weekend; strange note just got the first bill from the Nationwide and my wifes 2001 Pathfinder cost a little more per year to insure. Go figure.

post-16829-13819286534226_thumb.jpg

post-16829-138192908134_thumb.jpg

post-16829-1381929477892_thumb.jpg

you can't score 'till the odometer turns 500 miles...;)...if you haven't...you MUST go to the factory and join the Museum...the tour is unbelieveable (like the Klipsch Pilgrimage) and the Z06s and XLRs are cool too...enjoy...I made the trip last November to Bowling Green...sweeeeeeet ride...Bill