I bit the bullet, brought the rf-83 in cherry

Jay481985

First off, you will love them.

Second, they will always sound different in your house.

Third, you have the latest and greatest.

Fourth, get the whole HT experience, too, with the correct matching speakers if you are thinking about it now.

Fifth, did I already say you will love them!

I really was impressed with these new speakers. They are just a little bit different than the RF 7's. I felt these had a little bit better bottom end.. I know, hard to believe? And also smoother if not more laid back and more in balance mid and a higher upper end as well. Almost like a smiley face EQ was applied to the Tone and Timber while "voicing" the speakers. It works though very very nicely IMO.

Bottom line, get them home and enjoy them a few hours, days or a week later you will fall in love. At least you did not buy last years model and worry if the new stuff is better? It may or may not be, but it is different. Just enjoy them, IMO you will be fine.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted them in the dorm for april though......... damn!

may is finals..... I will be soo depressed if I cannot hear them before it

Relax Big Boy, you're a smart guy, you'll figure it out. Don't be depressed, figure out how to get them in your dorm, and become Impressed at their sound. Lay off the Scotch first, that might help. Worst comes to worst, I'll come down with my Outback, and we'll go get those bad boys. I traveled almost 8hrs. round trip to pick-up my H2's, Jersey can't be that far.

Oldbuckster I am glad you put yourself and your car out there for me. I called and confirmed that the store is open on easter and I will try one more time for good measure. If not I will strap them into the top of my car, we have professional tie downs good for 4000lb of force.

Also I did get a deal but I had to remove it myself for eh lets just say people were not happy with what they paid and their dealers were not either.......

I HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICTURES SOON

LISTEN NOW

AMAZING IS ALL

NO SUB NEEDED!

IM AWESTRUCK AND SO IS THE REST OF THE DORM!

Glad to hear that! Tell us how they differ from RF-7s after you break them in [ip]

My upgrade project got interrupted by unexpected expenses and I cannot get them anytime soon. But still congratulation!

thank you!!!

Let me give a few sentences or too

Effortless bass, it says oh please.......

Effortless highs, not as crazy high in your face as the rf-7 but it is there but something more is special there..... Klipsch did not lose the magic it had with the rf-7

Midrange is better and vocals are clearer then the rf-7

Ok I must start my journey. Two years in the making, originally I wanted to get the rf-7. Ok they switched to the Reference Series IV, fine it took some time to adjust and say that looks weird and worse off then the rf-7 because dual 10 to three 8 sounds wrong.

Well I went serching through stores for the rf-7 and came to around 1800 and 1600...... Then a dealer said 1600 for the new RF-83 which are supposed to be 300 more. Blink..... ok Hmmm buy a rf-7 which I am accustomed or get the rf-83 which I never heard. Ok, time to read every post on the klipsch forum and every word on it on the internet.

Everything sounds great about them.... Ok after a month and some of thinking, I goto dealer. I went there about twice to verify if I can get the cherry. My god I will speak on the cherry later, but it is definitely worth it. Anyways they said cherry is not a good seller and he will see what he can do. Ok I get phone call that he can get it and he actually puts it into the computer database which the rf-83 black not cherry were. Ok March 31 I went and brought it. YEAH!

Ok, I must be honest, I was impatient since I tried to get them before my 21 birthday. OK I was upset. It is all gone once I turned and played the rf83 on. BTW Thanks AMY for providing detailed delivery time. She was spot on! Anyways, I get a call on Thursday that their here (April 13). Go to the store friday, my car was too small......... Anyways.... I went back all depressed. Ok went back on Sunday (easter), and yes they were open thank god since that was the only window of oppertunity I had till the next month. Took my dad's old honda Accord 91! that still works great. One goes in putting down the front passenger seat and one on the roof...... OK It was not the best Idea but it worked and everything is safe and sound. My father brought nylon cable straps for 15 dollars that have a 4000 pound of tensile strength. Ok we strap two and use some twine. Everything goes great, we used a dolly to move into my room. My dad did most of the work since I hurt my back a while ago.

OK I get them in the room...... MY GOD Their HUGE.... EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME AND I JUST LAUGH. Oh BTW EVERYONE on the road was staring at the klipsch rf83 on the roof! Klipschs got some free advertisement going through manhattan to NJ lol I mean women gave it a omg look, Some guys who knew klipsch gave me the thumbs up! Also when we put it in the car, some guy on the sidewalk basically stared us down and you can see he knew klipsch in his face.

OK I removed everything and set it up. First song, wonderful, I cannot still realize that im in my dorm room and not listening live. It is that good even in a crampt, cinderblock wall. OMG people knock asking how it sounds soo good. I mean I went to eat dinner and noticed my body and hand trembling on how good the music sounds...

Ok enough talk time for pictures

post-13377-13819295101538_thumb.jpg