I bit the bullet, brought the rf-83 in cherry

Jay481985

i placed it in such a way that it was near impossible for him to damage them..... yet I come back from class to him going I broke your clothes draw........... Cause he had to move my clothes draw and damaged the speaker.............. I did not think he would move my clothes draw again.....

piss on his pillow

you should definitely put KY jelly into his toothpaste tube!

ummm i did something worse to his toothbrush

do college kids still give wedgies?

not really?

maybe get him good and drunk and take embarassing photos of him passed out.

he does not have to be drunk.... but when we did he went into my camera and deleted them [:@]

ben gay ointment in his underware

hmmmm but I don't have any here

go out in the parking lot and remove the valve stems from all his tires

he has no car

can anyone say 'swirlee'? I knew you could

he would call the cops and have me arrested and sue me. This is a kid that once when the building's internet went funny (after a lightning storm) said proudly, "I am going to sue the school for having faulty internet during the time I am trying to study for my test....." yet all he does is stalk people online through facebook and blogs..........

hide a new red towel in his white clothes basket

he does not do his laundry.... He claims that his mother has noting else to do at home and "Wants to do his laundry" so he gone sometimes 3 weeks without clean clothes.... Also he actually had a friend drive here (he lives 40 miles away) to pick up his clothes..... Also he do not know how to do laundry himself.

get some campus hottie to get him all worked up and leave him cold

He won't believe it, partly because he said to me that he would have sex with sean connery if he were still in his 30's and also cause he had a 16 year old gf (he is 19) do I smell illegal?

while you're at it, get some 1/4" glass tops made for them, some idiot (read 'Roomie') will have a sweaty coke sitting on them next week.

Michael

I really would but I find no need as next year they will be in a single room (YES!) and the fact they are soo tall.... I mean these speakers are not near arm level, its more like eye level (50 inches tall) Basically my friend who is 5'5" has to put his arm straight out parallel to the floor to put his arm on the speaker... most girls cannot see over the speaker [;)]

BTW people know better from me! [:P]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I went and got the Old English Scratch Remover.... and I have to say is wow! Buy the for lighter woods as the cherry they talk about is the dark red furniture type which is not the cherry stain on the cherry reference veneer.

It works rather well and leaves a pleasant lemony smell. It got rid of all the small scratches. It even worked well in my table that had alot of scratches. Also I did the pin and steam method to get that dent out. It worked fairly well though the dent mark is still there as it is darker but its not dented but flat now.

edit: I forgot to say that online you are looking at 12 dollars with shipping, I went to my local ACE actually just to see if they did have it crossing my fingers. They did and it cost around 6 dollars.

while you're at it, get some 1/4" glass tops made for them, some idiot (read 'Roomie') will have a sweaty coke sitting on them next week.

Michael

LOL And true,quality speakers and dorm rooms do not live a happy life. Because of clowns who need to lose a few teeth to understand the meaning of respect.

• 8 months later...

Ok I went and got the Old English Scratch Remover.... and I have to say is wow! Buy the for lighter woods as the cherry they talk about is the dark red furniture type which is not the cherry stain on the cherry reference veneer.

It works rather well and leaves a pleasant lemony smell. It got rid of all the small scratches. It even worked well in my table that had alot of scratches. Also I did the pin and steam method to get that dent out. It worked fairly well though the dent mark is still there as it is darker but its not dented but flat now.

edit: I forgot to say that online you are looking at 12 dollars with shipping, I went to my local ACE actually just to see if they did have it crossing my fingers. They did and it cost around 6 dollars.

Update!!!

I used the Old English Scratch remover for lighter woods. I did notice the scratches dissappeared and then reappeared when the scratch remover dried. I purchased the old english for dark wood and it works well with the klipsch lighter cherry. It can make the wood darker on heavy scratches but it makes it look more like the wood rings than a scratch. I actually filled up a void that was in the cherry wood itself that was not stained properly. It worked rather well and looks more like what it is a burr. The dark scratch remover will not really stain the speakers as fills up the area where there are scratches but the varnish klipsch uses protects it from over darkening. If it does get dark, I would assume a damp paper towel will clean it up.

• Moderators

Jay, I had not read this thread before now and I have to admit I only read the last six or so posts before writing this.

IMO, The Old English in the lighter version really does not work very well at all.

The Old English for dark wood does a much better job of "covering up", even on lighter woods. In most cases the "cover up job" is not permanent, you will have to reapply the Old English to keep the "scratches looking good", (if there is such a thing). Basically, apply the Old English dark wood product, lightly rub in and wipe off the excess. Reapply as often as needed.

I have used Old English for dark wood for years, it does a great job of "sprucing up nicks" temporarily without refinishing.

One bottle will go a LONG way.

Sorry Bud, but new speakers should NEVER be in dorm rooms...............NEVER.............kiss of death, but I guess you know that now !!!!!

That's parallel to a new car should never be in a high school parking lot.

YUP, like snowball in hell.......................EH ? Dorm buddies will not respect your new speakers, it's your fault for having them there, Sorry, but it's the truth, did you really think he cares about them? It's too bad, and I feel bad for you BUT, choke him while he sleeps.........................