Klipschorn cartons on eBay $349.99 buy-it-now

Why buy a pair of Heresy, when you can have empty cardboard boxes for the same price!

Considering that it took over a year for this pair to sell at $100.00 to some unsuspecting fool, I would say this guy is dreaming.

To make matters worse, it seems to run in the family as he states his brother is under the impression somehow that: "he had purchased the very last set of Klipschorn ever built"

"Klipsch Klipscorn - Shipping Boxes"

Up for auction is a COMPLETE SET of factory shipping crates for Klipsch very own flagship speaker, the Klipschorn. I acquired this set from my older brother just a few months back. As he had purchased the very last set of Klipschorn ever built, in late 2004. He originally did not want to part with these factory-shipping boxes. But over time, he changed his mind, as they do take up a good chunk of space in ones garage.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But if you happen to own a set of these precious gems, and space isnt a problem. Or maybe you just might be moving to a new location soon, and you dont want to see anything happen to your investment. Then dont allow for this auction to slip away, as who knows when the next time you will see another set of factory shipping boxes up for auction again

I can promise you that everything is all here, as these boxes have all wooden crates, Styrofoam, and any plastic rapping that originally was to be there during the shipment from the Klipsch factory.

**Please note: Winner of this auction is to arrange any and all shipping needs for pick-up.**

That is unless the winner just happens to live with in southern California near one of the surrounding counties to where I happen to live (such as San Diego, Riverside, or Orange County). If so, then I would be willing to help winner with making arrangements, as long as they are to be with in reason...

Maybe i should get them. I don't have Khorns, but I would like to own them someday. I think maybe i could put the boxes in my room to "hold a space" for where the Khorns will someday go.

It's also a bummer that his brother got the last pair ever built. I guess that means that I can sue Klipsch for false advertising the 06' model.

That will be cool cause then i can afford to get those boxes

So you think that $350 is alot for the original cartons and packing material, or even $100 then you guys have obviously not priced these items from Klipsch parts! It would cost you over $500 and that is before any freight costs are taken into consideration.

Some of you you guys are so damn tight that if I shoved a lump of coal up your butt, within a week I would have a diamond. Not that I would want it. Bleech!

So you think that $350 is alot for the original cartons and packing material, or even $100 then you guys have obviously not priced these items from Klipsch parts! It would cost you over $500 and that is before any freight costs are taken into consideration.

Some of you you guys are so damn tight that if I shoved a lump of coal up your butt, within a week I would have a diamond. Not that I would want it. Bleech!

Yes, they are indeed expensive from Klipsch parts. Last time Trey posted on that, in response to a request from a forum member, I was thinking they were in the range of $750 or so.

Having the boxes would be a huge help if one was looking to ship a nice pair.

Yes, they are indeed expensive from Klipsch parts. Last time Trey posted on that, in response to a request from a forum member, I was thinking they were in the range of $750 or so.

Having the boxes would be a huge help if one was looking to ship a nice pair.

To put things into perspective, I purchased a car from a dealer 2100 miles away and the total cost that the transport company we selected charged to deliver my new Cadillac to my doorstep with 2 miles on the odometer was only $745.

While I did pay $500.00 plus $232.90 for shipping for my Klipschorn boxes, they did not say Klipsch on them (homemade), but they did contain a pair of Klipschorn speakers.

A person might be surprised what one can do with a couple sheets of 2" Styrofoam insulation, a couple free refrigerator boxes, and about an hour labor.

Remember, due to the carriers dimensional weight billing and oversize surcharges, shipping just the empty Klipschorn cartons would cost almost as much as if they had Klipschorns in them.

Cubic inches is a factor is when determining Dimensional Weight because the carriers divide the cubic inches by 194 to determine the dimensional weight in pounds. The carrier rates are charged on either the actual weight or the Dimensional weight, which ever is greater.

Just for future reference (especially for large light items), if a package has a large size-to-weight ratio, the dimensional weight is a big factor. For packages measuring between 84" and 108" UPS and FedEx charge a minimum rate equal to their standard rate for a 30 pound carton (even if it only actually weighs 5 pounds).

For packages measuring between 108" and 130" UPS charges a minimum rate equal to their standard rate for a 70 pound carton and FedEx charges a minimum rate equal to their standard rate for a 50 pound carton.

For packages measuring between 130" and 165" UPS charges a minimum rate equal to their standard rate for a 90 pound carton + $40.00 and FedEx charges a minimum rate equal to their standard rate for a 90 to 165 pound carton plus $30.00.

To learn more about FedEx Dimensional Weight and Oversize Surcharges, visit: http://www.fedex.com/us/services/shipinfo/fees/descriptions.html

To learn more about UPS Dimensional weight surcharges visit: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/dim_weight.html

To learn more about UPS Oversize surcharges visit: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/oversize.html