Final consensus on Layne Audio woofers/drivers?

jorjen

This, I believe was discussed a year or two ago. Was there ever any conclusion as to whether their woofers would actually perform better/go lower than the Klipsch drivers given the same set of conditions, cabinet volume, horn loading, etc.? What about their mid drivers?

I'd decided to make a purchase from the gentleman, but was never successful in contacting him. Tried numerous times... never got anyone to pick up the phone.... never any return calls from voice mail messages... never a response to an e-mail.

Yeh,

Hard to know what to make of it. The guy has a great website with great info. At the time I was hoping to buy a some Advent replacement woofers.

I am trying to remember if there was a forum member who had successfully done business with him, but can't now recall.

" but was never successful in contacting him. " Ditto. I tried off and on again for a year or two to try and buy some parts for an AR3A and never heard a word back from him. Shawn

Yes, agreed. Tried several times myself. No answers to any e-mails. Phone would ring off the hook, if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking that somebody also tried to locate their address in Nashville and found it to be a courthouse? or some other obscure office?

BS

Jordan,

I'm not sure what happened with Layne Audio? 3 years or so ago I purchased Heresy woofers from them and while they did not seem to go much lower they did hold there coherency better when pushed then the stock Klipsch Heresy woofers. I thought they were a nice upgrade but useless if you were not going to push the speakers. I had great response from them when I purchased.

Craig

Not sure what is meant by coherency, but one reason to replace the woofer in a Heresy is to be able to play louder, not lower, before the woofer reaches its physical or thermal limits. IIRC earlier woofers had Xmax of about 2.5mm and later ones had Xmax of about 4 mm. A K24 will get you that without having to resort to something not from Klipsch.