Maybe I'm not a Heritage guy?

hififreq

I agree that heresey are light in the bass, I think that if they are to be used in a main system in a mid to large room they must be used with a subwoofer to compete with the big boys.

the Reference line has done a better job in the bass but IMHO they lack some of the Heritage magic in the mids and highs...

You very well may like what a Cornwall, Chorus or Forte sounds like, best of both worlds IMHO. (though some will note that forte and chorus are not heritage I say BAH!).

In the end you need ot buy speakers that sound best to you in your room with your system and music, Heresey don't do it? sell'em off and go for other models, you will hit the nail on the head eventually.

good advice about where to look for audio nirvana is to be found here...tony

hifi guy, swing by FL anytime to pick up your $.50!

If you let me come to Florida, stay for a bit(the kids are getting on my nerves!), and let me aurally fondle your K-Horns, I'll let you keep the .50. L.O.L.!!!

Thanks again for all the advice. I haven't given up on Klipsch, just need to try some other models. Belles or La Scalas are next I think. K-Horns will never work in my house, as my biggest room is 12x16, with only one corner. Maybe a new house?

Corey

"Maybe a new house?"

That's the spirit! And exactly my plan. Actually, my PAW (Perfect Audiophile Wife) has approved a contingency in our Houston house hunting to include houses that:

1. Work for us but don't have a 'horn friendly room (which is my only input into our search...I go in first and qualify the place and the rest is up to her).

2. Have a detached garage.

3. Are 20/30k under our search price.

So I can add a dedicated Klipsch room and hornhead refuge over the garage! I love it. Hope it works out that way...talk about a refuge from the cares of the world.

Dave

I have two sets of original Heresys (by that I mean not IIs or IIIs) and I think they have fine bass...seems the only time I feel they are light in the bass area is after listening to my K'Horns...to each their own...that's why there are so many different Klipsch speakers and well, those other brands as well...enjoy!...Bill

Heresies need to be on the floor for their best bass, and in corners helps even more. If you've tried that and don't like the results, then you're doing the right thing by getting something else.

Agree completely! Do this and you will probably be very impressed with the Heresy. There is a reason for its name.