Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A simple wall-mount bracket for Heresy center (or other speaker)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:54 AM

Hi guys,

I meant to post this a while ago. Here's my very simple design
for a wall-mount bracket to hold a speaker. In my case, the
speaker is my center Heresy. (I hope the file attachement works.)

Attached Thumbnails

• psg_heresy_mount_front.jpg

Peter in the Province of Quebec, Canada,
7.1 with Klipschorns, La Scala center, Heresy II side surrounds, KPT-100 rear surrounds and a Tuba HT subwoofer.

BenQ W6000 projector with 120" acoustically transparent screen. Specifics in profile.
Gallery: https://community.kl...3-psgs-ht-room/

#2 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Here's a view from the back side of the bracket (or front? this side screws into the back of the speaker):

Attached Thumbnails

• psg_heresy_mount_back.jpg

7.1 with Klipschorns, La Scala center, Heresy II side surrounds, KPT-100 rear surrounds and a Tuba HT subwoofer.

BenQ W6000 projector with 120" acoustically transparent screen. Specifics in profile.

#3 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

The top cross-bar has a wedge angle on the bottom of
it. A matching piece of wood, with the matching wedge, is simply
screwed into the wall and the bracket can hang on it.

I have screwed the front of the bracket itself into the back panel of
my Heresy. Here's what it looks like mounted on the wall:

Attached Thumbnails

• psg_heresy_mounted_side.jpg

#4 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

A front angled view:

Attached Thumbnails

• psg_heresy_mounted_angled.jpg

#5 formica

formica

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

Here's a view from the back side of the bracket:

That's pretty neat... it's an old cabinetry hanging method which you've adapted very nicely to your Heresy.

What's the engraving say?

ROb

----------- Shedding light by means of the combustion of snake oil ------------

#6 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Rob.

Yes, that trick is used to hold most kitchen cabinets! The neat part is that when you install the wall part, there is only a stick to hold level. Then the rest of it hangs on to the horizontal stick.

The engraving says "Made by Hand by Bernard Pelchat, 2005". He's the frind of mine who built it from my sketch for me. No nails or screws involved; only dowels.

It's a very functional design, requires little wood, and is easy to install.

#7 dbflash

dbflash

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:18 PM

That is a great idea. Very clean looking installation.
Can you post a picture of the back of the speaker. I think I get the general idea, I just want to make sure.
Danny

#8 DaveCB

DaveCB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:12 AM

Looks Great

Thanks, Dave Bruner Skytop Technology, llc. www.skytoptech.com

#9 Tom Adams

Tom Adams

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

Why you son of a ................ Why in the sam hills did you not post this last year when I was making the wall brackets for my side surrounds?? If you only knew how tough it was to get my Heresy's mounted and level. Why I oughtta..... [;)] [:)]

Seriously though, that is one awesome concept. And to be quite honest, I've never heard of that method of securing the item to the wall. At first when I read the part about there being a corresponding angle cut on the wall piece, I was a bit confused. And then it hit me. Literally, I smacked my forehead and said, "Good lord Tom. That's so simple. Why in the hell didn't you think of that?"

And this couldn't come at a better time since I've decided to take my rear surrounds off their stands and wall mount them. Thanks for posting this. I send [B] [B] [B] [B] your way.

Tom

Confusion, chaos, disorder.... My work here is done.

#10 Kriton

Kriton

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:52 AM

Hey, that looks awesome!

How about throwing up some line drawings or some plans for these?

Thanks,

K

HT: Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Signature Amp, Oppo BDP-83, Panasonic AE-4000U projector, RF-7's with DeanG mod, RC-7, RS-7s, SVS 20-39PC+ Main system: GR Research LS-6 Line Arrays, Dodd 120's, JM BlueberryX, Jolida 100a CD, KAB'd Technics 1200SLMk5 w/Ortofon and all the bells - added a FrankenDell music server, all .flac rips through a Schitt BiFrost DAC, with an Emotiva USP-1 Pre - just a weird system. Heritage - 87 CBR Cornwall II with full Crites upgrades, 2006 Heresy II's, Black Academy, HK 730, Dynaco MkIII''s, 1979 Heresy I's Garage system with new crossover

#11 formica

formica

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:47 AM

How about throwing up some line drawings or some plans for these?

The hanging system is called a "French Cleat" and looks a little like the following diagram (that's from http://www.newwoodwo...renchcleat.html cabinet site) ... and Peter's idea it is a very good adaptation of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• frnchcletdiag400x264.jpg

----------- Shedding light by means of the combustion of snake oil ------------

#12 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

Hi all!

Boy, this thread got very active after a relatively quiet start. I thought nobody cared! Now I'm glad I posted it.

Rob's diagram is on the money, but I might just post a few more pics anyway (if I dare remove the Heresy from its hanging place; it's still quite heavy!)

2011-09-30 Edit: I have since added a small piece of metal to the french cleat part on the wall that overhangs the wood wedge. This would keep the Heresy from falling down if someone pushed it up a bit (say by bending over underneath it to pick something up, and hitting it on the way up).

#13 j-malotky

j-malotky

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

It would be nice to keep this thread for future reference. I was just at Damon Paynes new house last weekend and told him about this thread for when he hangs his Heresy 3's next year.

JM

I feel that all Congressmen and Senators should be required to wear uniforms informing us who there corporate sponsors are..... Sort of like a NASCAR jumpsuit.

#14 picky

picky

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

Very nice mounting method!

Here's the (less-pretty, more industrial) store-bought setup I used for my new Heresy III's. $50 for the pair of brackets (hold up to 100 lbs each) and $16 for the pair of slip-on collars. This method makes no new holes in your speakers. I removed the floor cradles that came with the speakers and made flat plates out of 3/4" ply (painted black) that bolted into the same holes. The sleeves then screwerd to the plates. The speakers are still pristine! They are able to pivot on the mounting posts.

Attached Thumbnails

• mounting_20system.jpg

Posted Image
Please feel free to explore our Home Theater Hobbyist Site above. Avatar courtesy of dtel.

#15 picky

picky

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

Here's how it looks:

Attached Thumbnails

• April20016-30.jpg

Posted Image
Please feel free to explore our Home Theater Hobbyist Site above. Avatar courtesy of dtel.

#16 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Top OLD thread so I can find it later.

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SURROUND, SB, WIDE)), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND BACK (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 WIDE (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) kg1 Rear HEIGHT, kg3 Front HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#17 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Might as all put up a recent picture... now used to hang my side surrounds like so:

dsc_13483rc.jpg

#18 philly0116

philly0116

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationArkansas...aka...'The Motherland'

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Very, very nice!!

www.still-relevant.com

#19 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

Can a Heresy slant riser be installed backwards? If so, it would probably do the trick for my shelf mounted Heresy Center.

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SURROUND, SB, WIDE)), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND BACK (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 WIDE (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) kg1 Rear HEIGHT, kg3 Front HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#20 psg

psg

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

See also:

https://community.kl...by-wake-junkie/