Heritage Mountain

colterphoto1

This nearly broke the backs of Michael and Mike (DrWho), but we just wanted to see what all my Heritage looked like while we were tidying up the garage today. Whadya think? Am I a crazy man? (btw, there's two pair of Heresy not pictured because they're being reworked)

post-10755-1381929542027_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments guys- my back is truly broken, someone figure out how much weight we moved, okay? I failed to mention that the cute Heresy Decorators are the ones Todd BSbutton veneered and I finished off, they've been featured here a few times.

Here's a big image of my fave one. You can resize it to fit your screen if you wish. I think it's cool as hell! Obviously no WAF at this household!

Thanks for your support. How do you like the quality of the Nikon images? Most of these were low quality Jpegs when I started, but still at 3000 pixels at 300dpi, I've seriously downsized them so they'd easily popup here, and I still think they look great. That D200 will do 10Mpixels! But you don't get many on a card!

Michael

post-10755-138192954357_thumb.jpg

Let me see 8 Cornwalls, 6 La Scalas, 2 Heresies, a Center KLH? Channel and a CW empty box.

Drool time.

I am really sorry I re - introduced you to this "Klipsch Hobby" Michael. You seriously need to decide what your going to do with it.. And to think you still do not have a pair of K horns yet???

I would say keep the best of what you have and or need, and then sell off some of the rest. I am sure with Indy in the middle of most cities... Most people could drive and buy for themselves too. Nah you will never sell anything!! hahahahahaha

Lets get that HT setup the way you like it too!

I'd keep my original first pair of CW's. They are never for sale. Found them in an Indy Star classified ad, they had survived a house fire. I paid $300, reconed woofers, they're ugly but they rock (they're the rough ones on risers).

Next on the list would be the LSI splits. Those double stacks are what I used to carry around in the early 80's for rental DJ and small band PA system- powered by bi-amped stacks of Crown DC300's.

The ones on top are my 1963's. Trey gave me the lead on these. An old lady in Miami whose husband has passed wanted them to go to good home and had contacted Klispch. With the nod from Trey, I managed to fly to Miami, meet her, rent van and bring em back to Indy the day before she threw them in dumpster because of her move to South America.

The grille natural cane material (you can tell cos if you touch it, it flakes off) is wrapped around the motor board, stapled a gazillion times, then the motor board installed. So the grilles are not removeable. These are vertical horn types, with the Jensen PL15LL woofer and K77 Chromed tweeter horn. And you should see the bobbin chokes on the crossovers. DrWho thinks these early R2 crossovers also feature a low-pass for the squawker.

Michael

post-10755-1381929545143_thumb.jpg

Michael,

Congrats on the Garage cleanup!............Go soak in some Epsom Salts, for the Pain.........LOL.

Honestly, if you ever decide to downsize, Please let me know!

You truly have an impressive collection, and thats just the Garage!...........